How to Work From Home in Social Media
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Working in social media may seem like a fun way to get paid while hanging out on Facebook. However, working in Social Media requires a high level of skill in marketing, a natural ability to interact and encourage engagement and understanding the ever-evolving rules and techniques you must work around within each social media platform.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Successful Social Media experts are constantly researching, completing their own test studies and staying up to date with changes in order to remain educated and relevant.
Social Media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest are great tools for businesses and people to reach an interested audience.
With the right understanding of each network, Social Media experts have been able to bring great success and awareness through their unique campaigns. More companies are seeing the role of Social Media with great importance and this once low-paying job is now a field for experts.
The following article will lay out several ways you can begin a work at home career in social media, listing companies that often hire and resources for finding a remote based job working with your favorite social networks and finally, ways you can educate yourself become a true expert in the field.
The Freelance Social Media Expert
If you are prepared to reach out to businesses, bloggers or other public figures looking for social media assistants, you can work online as a virtual assistant with your expertise focus being in social marketing.
There are countless people looking for help managing their social media. Many don’t have the time or feel they want to take their social engagement to the next level. As a virtual assistant, you can find these clients in various places like AdHuntr’s craigslist search. It is a good idea to create a basic profile website to market your skill sets and show off some of your best work.
Wondering what an experienced social media expert can charge?
According to research performed by sproutsocial.com, Social Media Experts are earning great money!
As you can see, it is a field worth investing your time and energy into.
Social Media Experts for Big Corporate
If you want to go big with your social media marketing skills, you can seek out jobs with big corporate companies. I am part of a few facebook groups with focuses on sharing social media job openings. I have regularly seen big-name companies from all around the world looking for social media marketers with top notch skills. Unfortunately only a small percentage of those jobs are remote based.
I have also found many big companies posting their social media job openings at Indeed. You can use the search box I set up below to go ahead and see what is currently listed at Indeed. It’s already filled in so just hit the “Find Jobs” button and it will take you to Indeed, where you will find all of the remote jobs in social media!
- How to Use Social Networking to Find Work from Home Jobs
- Test your Social Media Skills
- How to Know if You’re Qualified to Work from Home for a Certain Company
- 15 Ways to Monetize Your Social Media Presence in 2023
- Work from Home Ideas for People in Different Professions
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!