- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Working from home comes with its many challenges. One challenge we often over look is the back pain from hunching over our computer desks. Understand that chronic pain is not just a part of life. There are many ways we can work toward relieving the pain caused by excessive hours in front of a computer.
Work at Home Office Pain
As a little girl, my mom would often tell me to sit up straight or I would regret it later.
Mother knows best.
I am now approaching 30 and my slouch is pretty bad. When I work, I get wrapped up in what I am doing online so much that I don't even notice how badly I am hunched over my desk. By the time each day is over I deal with pains in my back- usually muscle based pain.
Not Just Computer Desks
Having a smartphone and tablets hasn't helped me any either.
Sitting at the couch with my smartphone, playing games, checking emails etc turns into m,ore hours of me slouched over- Often even more than I do at the computer!
My husband is bad guilty of slouching over while on his smartphone- for him it causes tension migraines that start in the back of his neck and radiate over his head.
We both also deal with bad posture causing pain when we work on the laptop. We place the laptop on the coffee table, which is too low and so we find ourselve slumped over- once again.
When you consider the hours we spend hunched over- its no wonder we have the pains and migraines we deal with!
Ways to Alleviate Office Pains
There are many tips to Break Through Your Pain found online at places like the American Osteopathic Association website. There is a nice "At Your Desk" makeover section that gives us reminders on how to sit to avoid the pain caused from sitting at the computer.
It is hard to just change your habits. But I believe the more often we are reminded the better our chances of creating new habits.
New habits that will give us healthier and more comforatable lives.
Check out this Infographic for more information and then share with all your work at home friends! They will thank you for it! (sharing buttons are at the bottom for easy sharing)
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Leave a comment telling us the pains you have dealt with since working from home. Do you think working behind a computer causes your pain?
- Desk Exercises for People Who Work From Home
- Health Problems Associated With Working from Home and How to Deal With Them
- My 10 Favorite Resources on My Work-at-Home Journey
- Getting Back Into Your Routine After Summer
- Burned Out? Re-Gear and Get Back to Work!!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!