Internet Brands- Back from the Dead?
Updated on: by FStewart
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
It appears that a few years ago Internet Brands was a jumpin jivin’ content mill for freelancers. They work with several reputable companies, pay well, and at the time had plenty of work. After a while it seems, as with all good things, the workflow came to an end and those writers still on board moved on to other things. For the moment however, it seems Internet Brands is back from the dead with more work, good pay, and a solid reputation despite a dry spell.
Complaints and Praises
Since about 2008 or so there has been forum chatter that basically only praises Internet Brands save one exception, an occasional lack of work. That is not so different from any other content mill, and when you take into account the considerable higher pay, there really is no complaint at all unless you fail to follow the age old freelancing rule of keeping plenty of eggs in your basket. Current job openings show some standard size articles paying as much as $30!
Internet Brands Application Process
There has also been some concern about the application process at Internet Brands. It is quite in depth, a little time consuming, and at least for some jobs there is a requirement for a free, custom sample. This concerns some as there is always the risk of unpaid work being published. The fact is however, Internet Brands has been around since 1998 and it has a solid, proven reputation in the freelance world. They are definitely legit, there are no complaints of unpaid work being published, and some have even reported being paid for their sample after being accepted as a writer.
One thing about their application process that seems a little different is that they advertise for writers in a specific niche and you apply for that niche. Those that have tried to apply for more than one niche have found that they were not able to do so. Also, just be aware before you spend the time on the application that my experience with the site was a little disappointing. I applied for a position writing for a well-known website in the work-from-home world, spend the time necessary to fill out the application, and then it would not submit because the application would not accept three numbers in the area code field. It kept telling me I didn’t have enough numbers. In short, apply with the knowledge that you need to save everything just in case.
Looking for Freelance Writing Work at Internet Brands
If you would like to work as a freelance writer for Internet Brands you will want to visit www.ibpublishing.com. Currently Internet Brands has a large variety of openings by niche topic that include:
- Apartment Living
- Auto Specialty: Corvette
- Auto Specialty: Ford Trucks
- Auto Specialty: Harley Davidson
- Auto Specialty: Mercedes-Benz
- Automotive Buying Guides
- Criminal Defense Law
- Disability Law
- FitDay Video Bloggers
- Gift Guides
- Health & Fitness
- Health and Medicine Writer
- Immigration Law
- Landlord-Tenant Law
- Medicaid Law
- Medical Care
- Personal Injury Law
- Real Estate Law
- Shopping Tips
- Small Business Law
- Tax Law
Internet Brands is a legitimate company that pays well and has a great reputation. Their issues are no different than those of any other content mill, and their high points seem to be a bit higher. If you see an opening from them that seems appealing, by all means apply and if accepted, just enjoy the ride while it lasts.
- Internet Brands- Writing for Upfront Pay
- What To Do When You Have No Internet Access
- Can I Write Off My Internet Expense on Taxes?
- 3+ Internet Jobs You Can Do in The RV
- Internet Scammers are Smarter than You
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!