- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
I think I watch more TV than ever between Christmas and New Years. I rarely work, I eat a lot and I accept the house being a wreck. It is just a good week! 🙂
But since I have watched way more TV than usual, I have noticed commercials for a survey company called BigSpot.com.
If you have been watching TV like me, then I bet you have seen the commercials too. It usually involves an imitation infomercial for some ridiculous product. For example, a commercial for a basket around your neck- to help you keep track of things like the TV remote! They always fool me and make me yell at the TV- are you serious!?
But then they break in with some comment about how stupid it is and wouldn’t you like to tell them? “Well now you can” by signing up with Big Spot Survey you can make your opinion known while earning extra money.
Take a look for yourself ( they are quite humorous):
So is BigSpot.com a legitimate way to make money online taking surveys?
Lets take a deeper look:
On my first visit of BigSpot.com I realize BigSpot is not a survey company. Instead they are a database for survey companies.
I know majority of survey companies pay referral fees for having others sign up, so I have an understanding of what motivates BigSpot. At this point I have not signed up but it claims I can have instant access once I register.
I am somewhat familiar with survey companies, so I will take a peak inside and see what this is all about. Just remember, use a junk email address!! You don’t want to be bombarded with survey opportunities or junk mail later.
BigSpot.com has a quick form on their main page to get started immediately.
You will be asked some general demographic questions like your birth year, race, if you have children, gender and so on. It will tell you immediately if you qualify to sign up with any survey panels. The panels that appeared on mine were legit companies I have experience with in the past.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
However, there should not be a reason I would not qualify for these companies anyway.
It tells me if I want to learn more, check the box and I will have access to the full list of qualifying panels once inside…so is this just a way to get me to register for multiple companies and allow BigSpot to reap the referral pay? — Probably…just again, be sure you are using a generic email you have no problems being spammed!
Upon pressing the big Join Now button you will be directed to a page of sponsored offers! The ‘offers’ are all (in my case) survey companies. Legit, but just another way to get you to register and earn BigSpot money. Just nice to see they are at least related to the site and not just a handful of random never-ending offers.
Once in the site, I see the same survey companies again…in the “database” of 10 survey companies. Alright, these are all legit survey companies but database?
C’mon! There are dozabillion legit survey companies and BigSpot’s database has TEN? That was a waste of time!
I can simply click each of the TEN companies and opt in to Join on their site. Nothing special.
So, is BigSpot.com a scam?
No, not at all. But it is a complete waste of time if you are already familiar with surveys.
In fact, if you are already a survey taker then you likely already have accounts at all of the panels listed (Ipsos, MySurvey, surveyspot, epoll, Reward tv…)
On the PLUS side:
I am glad BigSpot is only showing me legit companies that have a trustworthy history. Anyone who is new to online surveys will find this to be very valuable. Those of us with experience can see right through BigSpot and know they are just a flashy way to earn some referral money. I wonder how much those commercials cost!?
If you are new to taking surveys- understand they rarely pay much for your time. Most commonly you will spend 5-30 minutes taking a pre-screener to only be told you do not qualify. When you do qualify, you will likely spend a very long time to earn pennies to a few dollars. Then, you usually have to wait until the survey campaign is over before your account is credited for the survey, which from my experience can take as long as a couple of months. THEN, you generally must reach a minimum cash-out threshold in order to see the money. I rarely stick with these long enough to ever see the cash. :/
Are you a survey taking lover? What is your favorite survey company?
- Are Paid Survey Sites Worth Your Time? Guest Post- Anna Thurman
- Unsure if a Work from Home Job is a Scam? These Tips Will Help!
- Best Way to Get Free Coupons Just by Taking a 20-Minute Survey
- Is Circum News a Scam?
- Best Way to Get Paid 50 Dollars Per Survey in 2019!
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.