I was recently referred to a website, Cashtexts.com where supposedly you can get paid to receive texts on your cell phone. I have researched this and would like to share my observations for your consideration and consider whether CashTexts.com is a Scam.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
Cashtexts.com : What’s the Deal?
Here are the basics:
- This is a referral only program so if you do decide to sign up you have to go through a referral link.
- You will be paid 5 cents for every text you receive, and then 3 cents for the texts that your referrals receive down 5 levels.
- Level 1 is your direct referrals, level two is their referrals etc.
- There are also chances to win prizes for actually clicking on the deals that you receive in text form.
- You will be paid through a Global Cash Card once you reach $5.00 however they do charge $5.00 for the cash card itself.
- This is for US residents only.
- If you live outside the US you can get paid for referrals but you can not receive texts at this time.
How Does This Work?
First you need to get a referral, then you can sign up.
You’ll provide your cell phone number and your e-mail address.
Once signed up you can log into the website and set up your preferences.
You will be able to select how many texts you want to receive per day, up to 5 texts is allowed and default is set to 1 per day. You can also select what days of the week and the hours of the day you would like to receive texts (between 8am and 10pm). There is even an option to turn texts and emails off so that you can take a break from receiving them if you wish.
Next, you will need to select your favorites so that the texts are geared toward your interests. There are a total of 16 categories broken down into 102 sub-categories. They request that you do not select more than 82 of the 102 available areas of interest.
Finally you’ll need to refer your friends and family so that you can make more money. You will receive an ID number and instructions on ways to refer. There is a code you can have your friends text to sign up, a link you can provide for online sign up and even a QR reader code you can supply as well.
Is This A Scam?
Honestly, it’s hard to say. I have researched online and found very little regarding this company. Apparently they are new and just starting out so I could not find any negative reviews anywhere. I did find a couple of positive reviews but I am hesitant to believe them because of the fact that even though they seemed to be posted by different people, they were worded EXACTLY the same…..word for word! This made me a bit skeptical as to whether or not they were being posted by real people or people who own or work for the company.
Since I did want to find out the details I did sign up but I have not received a single text from them. However, I did just receive this message through email on Thursday “With only a few days to go until the text messages start flowing be sure and get the word out!” I am still waiting for texts to start, but I think that explains why, they haven’t actually started yet. I will post an update later once I start receiving texts.
**I do want to note that in my research I found information on a different company called Textcash.com that is noted as being a scam. These two, although similar in name and business, are not the same.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
My Final Impressions
This gig will not, by any means, make you rich. It will not pay your electric bill and certainly not your rent or mortgage. However, it does seem to have to potential to possibly buy you a cup of coffee or some other small treat here and there. Maybe, if you get enough people to join (and they get people to join and they get people to join etc.) you will find yourself earning $50 or so extra at the end of the month. In the event you actually get your 5 texts a day, and you don’t have any referrals, you would be making $7.50 at the end of the month….small change but all you have to do is receive a few texts a day to get it. If you don’t mind receiving texts then this might be of interest to you. I do plan on giving this until the end of January and then I will post a follow up to let you know how it’s going.
If you would like to sign up, feel free to sign up under me, my link is http://cashtexts.com/by/WorkingMom2000 or you can text the phrase cashtexts 46182 to the number 69302 (make sure there is a space between cashtexts and 46182)
- Writer Beware: Is Domainite.com a Scam or Just Another Content Mill?
- Is The GymPact App a Scam?
- Is a Smartphone a Smart Idea for your Freelance Business?
- Is Circum News a Scam?
- Unsure if a Work from Home Job is a Scam? These Tips Will Help!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!