Written By: Jessica Weaver
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
Recently, I landed my first professional online writing job with Cheer Channel, Inc.Many people are curious as to how I landed a freelance job like this and what my plan of action was. First of all, let me tell you that the process in finding private clients is very long but I now know it is possible.
There was a time a few weeks ago where I felt completely down on my luck (the life of a freelancer) and a good friend told me to keep checking work at home forums. My friend, who happens to be the writer at GenuineWorkatHomeAdvice.com, landed her permanent gig by using forums like WAHM.com and WorkPlaceLikeHome.com to job search. These forums are also great to learn about other people’s experience with certain jobs and companies. For example, I recently got a job offer (that was a scam), and all I had to do was check the forum and see what other people have to say.
The only way to land an actual permanent freelance writing position is to remain persistent. My job with Cheer Channel did not come overnight. It took weeks and weeks of emailing back and forth with the owner. She finally hired a content editor and he finally got me started. I know that many people would love to be in my position, and you will. Just remember to be patient and your time will come! I still keep pinching myself to make sure this is real!
This is an excellent resource for Work at Home Freelancers. I know not everyone thinks so but I had to prove them wrong. I have found about 80% of my freelance positions on Craigslist. I am very cautious, and I give out personal information sparingly. However, if you do not feel comfortable using it, then I would not. There are lots of other resources for you to use and find clients. Such as BloggingPro.com, ProBlogger.net and WAHJobleads.com
Bottom Line Advice:
Do not give up hope! Working at home is a constant battle between good and evil. Everyone is looking for that perfect job. Miranda recently did an article called “Why can’t I find the right job for me?” and no one has ever said it better! It takes time and patience to land private clients. Take the advice from the people who have been there.
Where did you find your first permanent writing position? I would love to hear!
- My Top Five Ways to Make Money
- 4 Clients to Avoid as a Freelancer
- The Top Five Reasons Why Working from Home is a Real Job
- Is it Possible to Find Legitimate Work at Home Assembly Jobs?
- Ways to Promote Your Writing
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!