- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
With the New Year 2013 fresh among us, many of us in our personal lives have resolved to: lose weight, stop smoking, start exercising, and save money. These are just a few of the most commonly stated New Year’s Resolutions.
And like most well-intentioned individuals, the resolution will last anywhere from two weeks to two months before it put on hold until the next New Year’s.
But what about your home business? What New Year’s resolutions can we make there? More importantly, how likely are we to keep those resolutions for our work-at-home businesses?
Whether your home business goals are to de-clutter your office, to apply to more work-at-home companies or to blog daily—there are a few things to keep in mind.
Keep it Realistic
With any New Year’s resolution, keep it realistic and realize that setbacks are a part of any goal setting. How many times have you been told that it takes 28 days to break an old habit? With that in mind, here are a few pointers for keeping your home business’ New Year resolutions:
- Have no more than three resolutions. This will keep you better focused. You can even use a catchy numeric sequence to remember them. For example: 4-3-1 could mean 4 hours a day of transcription work with 3 hours a day of Internet research with 1 day off per week.
- Have reminders for yourself. According to Lisa Hawley, a clinical social worker at the Advanced Counseling for Change in North Dakota, it is putting the reminders out where you will notice them. Keep your resolutions where you can actually see them (on your mirror), keep them in your thoughts, and also keep them written in your planner.
- Have an accountability partner. This is someone to whom you will have to report your successes and failures concerning your resolution.
- Have apps on your cell phone to help with your resolutions. As you probably know, there are apps which can track anything from time worked to money spent.
If you can follow these few pointers, you will realize that are ways to set your home business up for success when it comes to your New Year’s Resolutions.
While it might be fun each year to admit to fellow online workers what your New Year’s resolutions are, realize this. There is nothing sacred about January 1. Positive change can occur any time you are ready.
So, get out there and be work-at-home success story. It doesn’t matter what the calendar says.
Happy New Year!
- 5 New Year’s Resolutions for the Work-at-Home Professional
- Welcome 2012!
- My Five Year Work at Home Anniversary
- What it Means to be a Work at Home Mom
- Work at Home for UnitedHealth Group
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada