Mahalo is a human-powered search engine dedicated to help people easily find information and resources they can trust. -Mahalo.comNeed Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie NowFree $5
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
Mahalo.com is a shared information site. Users can ask questions and wait for Mahalo ‘Gurus’ to respond with an answer. Mahalo has many aspects to their site. In addition to the Question/Answer portion of Mahalo, they have information based articles and a How-To section. This portion of Mahalo is cared for by Guides, another home based position at Mahalo, one that I will cover at a later time. Today the focus is on the Guru position.
What Mahalo Gurus Do
Mahalo Gurus are given the freedom to choose what questions they want to answer. The response must be at least 125 words and be a quality answer, providing any helpful and informative weblinks that assisted you with your answer. Mahalo provides a quick training video and information to let you know of their expectations.
How Mahalo Pays
Gurus receive a flat rate of $1 per answer. Additionally, there is a chance to earn extra money by being voted ‘The Best’ answer on questions where the user offers a ‘tip’. There has been talk in forums that if you answer 100 questions within a pay period, you will receive a $40 bonus! I am not sure if this is updated information, but it would make quite a nice bonus! Mahalo pays through PayPal twice a month. Their payout dates are the 1st and the 15th of every month.
What Others say About Mahalo
A conversation at Demand Studio Sucks that explains a little. There is a mix up however, where some people are assuming the Mahalo Guide (writing long articles) is the same as Mahal Guru (answering questions).
QuestionHub.com user claims Mahalo is a scam: be sure to read the responses.
My Experience with Mahalo
After hearing about Mahalo over and again I finally decided to learn more. While reviewing the site for the blog I became interested myself. It appears many people are very happy with this side gig and the pay seems to be worth the time. I applied a couple of days ago. I am hoping to receive a response soon as I am excited to try this out! I am often surprised, how many people are active question answers on sites like Yahoo! Answers, where the work is done for nothing. Once knowing of sites like Mahalo.com, why not take that energy and make a profit!?
How to Become a Mahalo Guru
To apply at Mahalo as a Guru visit the Application Page and fill out basic questions. They do require a resume and cover letter.(Here is a handy article for tips on building a resume)Although not required, it is encouraged to provide a writing sample if you have one. Being a Mahalo Guru does not require any previous experience as it is an ‘entry level’ opening and provides training.
- How Would You Answer These Seven Interview Questions?
- Get Paid Monthly to Answer Questions Online with Weegy
- Answer Questions as a Researcher for Wonder
- Write Articles and Answer Questions on Knoji
- kgb – Answer Questions
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!