Do you want a non-phone work-at-home (WAH) job?
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
Have you ever tutored anyone before?
Are you considered an expert in a particular subject?
Then Tutor.com may have something for you.
What Exactly is Tutor.com?
Tutor.com is a site where you can sign up for free to become a tutor. The students are K-12 as well as college-level with some adult learners. International students are also tutored if they are attending school in the US or Canada. The subjects taught vary, and you can be a college kid yourself to tutor. Teachers and college professors are also welcome. The main thing is to be passionate about the subject you will be tutoring.
What Types of Classes Are Offered at Tutor.com?
The subjects will vary based on the grade-level, and preference is given to tutors who pass the entrance exam on more than one subject. However, the most in-demand subjects taught at Tutor.com are:
- Discrete Math
- Chemistry/Organic Chemistry
- Statistics/College Statistics
What Are the Requirements?
To be able to work at Tutor.com, you must currently reside in either the U.S. or Canada and be eligible to work in either of these two countries. You must also be a graduate of an accredited college in either country or at least be a college sophomore if you are still in college. However, you will need a degree if you do plan on tutoring in Accounting, Economics, Finance, College Essay Writing or Statistics.
You must also:
- have a valid Social Security Number or Social Insurance Number
- be an expert in your subject
- possess strong oral and written skills
What Types of Opportunities Are Available?
While there are other opportunities at Tutor.com, the work-at-home position tends to be the tutoring position. Should you decide to pursue that opportunity, you will need to fill out the online application with an attached resume, take a subject exam in the subject you plan on tutoring in, participate in a mock session (similar to a role playing session), and then pass a background check. If everything pans out, you will be able to begin tutoring.
What Are the Hours at Tutor.com?
The hours will vary, but you must be able to work at least 5 hours per week. You may log in 24/7, since many college kids do work part-time and study odd hours of the night.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
You will need to visit their concept list, which is part of their application process, to see if you can tutor in a particular subject. The concept list breaks down all of the skills and what you would need to know to tutor in any of them.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What Are the Equipment/Computer Requirements?
Your computer will also need to be as ready as you are to tutor. You must have:
- Windows 8/ Windows 7/ or Windows Vista with the latest updates.
- 2.0 GB of RAM.
- a single Core Processor at 2.4 GHz or Dual Core Processor at 1.8 GHz (manufactured on or after 2004).
- High-speed Internet.
- Internet Explorer 9.0 or later.
- a noise-canceling headset with a mic.
- a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768 to run the classroom software.
- a Mac if you can run Windows applications on it by using either Boot Camp or Parallels.
Are You an Employee or an Independent Contractor?
You are an independent contractor and responsible for your own taxes. Should you make over $600 in a calendar year, Tutor.com will send you a 1099 Tax Form if you are residing in the United States.
How Much Money Can You Make With Tutor.com?
The money will vary depending upon how many hours you want to work and the subjects you tutor. However, while you are logged in the pay is $5.50 an hour, and you will need to have some sort of schedule. However, you will make $9 to $13 an hour when you are logged in and tutoring instead of merely “on standby”. Some payment is slightly more, but this tends to be the median for at least most of the pay.
What Is My Impression of Tutor.com?
I think the concept is good, but the reviews vary so much that it is hard to say. The reviews were overall favorable, so you could always give it a try.
What Do Others Think of Tutor.com?
Glassdoor gave Tutor.com a 3 out of 5 star rating with overall favorable comments being made. You can certainly read them here.
How Can Interested Individuals Sign Up at Tutor.com?
Just go to the website and sign up. Good luck!
- Tutor.com – Use Your Education – Tutoring
- 43 of the Best Online Tutoring Jobs to Make Money from Home
- Become an Online Tutor with Tutapoint
- How to Make Money Online with JustAnswer.com
- How to Make Money Online with Directly.com
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.