Mentoring Others to Work from Home
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
It was almost a year ago to the date that I started working at home. Thanks to the owner of this site, I finally understood what it was like to work at home and actually bring in an income. This year has brought a lot of heartache and a lot of education. I’ve been scammed, ripped off and told the ugly truth. Through all of these hard things, I have also learned a lot about who I am and who I want to be. You are probably thinking….get to the point already!
Lead them to a knowledgeable blog
Talk to them about their niche
Teach them patience
One thing I make very clear is that you will not find a work at home job overnight. I cannot count how many jobs I have applied for and even lost. What matters now is that I have my own writing business and that I know how to market. No one is perfect when it comes to working at home because it’s always a learning experience. Teach the people you are mentoring that this is something you have to have patience with. Patience is truly a virtue and that is something I have had to learn while working at home.
Be patient with others because someone was once patient with you.
Working from home is a huge blessing but there are also downfalls. Share this blessing with others but don’t let it consume your life. If you are going to share this blessing with someone, then they have to be willing to work just as hard as you have.
Some bonus points, some things I do myself:
- I leverage social media for networking: Just like in-person work environments, networking is vital when working from home. I find that platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, or even Facebook groups can be great sources of new opportunities and connections. They allow me to follow industry leaders, join in relevant discussions, and stay updated with trends in my field. Plus, it’s a good way to feel connected to others, even when physically working alone.
- I manage my time effectively: One thing I learned quickly when I started working from home is the importance of good time management. It can be easy to let work bleed into personal time, or vice versa, when your home and office are the same place. I make sure to set a specific work schedule and stick to it, as well as taking regular breaks to maintain productivity. A technique like the Pomodoro Technique, which involves working for a set period (like 25 minutes) then taking a short break, can be incredibly useful.
- I invest in a comfortable workspace: I’ve found that having a dedicated, comfortable workspace makes a huge difference to my productivity and my mental separation between “work” and “home”. This doesn’t necessarily mean a separate room – a specific desk in a quiet corner can work just as well. I’ve invested in ergonomic furniture and good lighting, and I make sure to keep my workspace clean and organized. It makes starting work each day more appealing and helps me stay focused.
- What to Wear When You Work at Home
- How to Find Your Work at Home Groove
- Things to Consider When Deciding to Work From Home
- Internal Battles of a Work at Home Mom
- Homeschooling While You Work from Home: What You Really Need to Know
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!