By Regular Contributor: Deborah Knight
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Most of us began earning an allowance as a small child, then we moved into the working world where we began to make real money. Some of us had paper routes, some mowed grass and maintained the elderly neighbors yards. Others still baby-sat the neighbors children. From a very young age we all learned that money is important and it’s how we manage to get all those things we desire in life. As we grow up, our needs and wants become more expensive and it becomes increasingly more difficult to balance our friends and family with our drive to earn money. Enter here, the work at home mentality.
I became a work from home mom simply because I was placed on bed-rest by my doctor when I was 20 weeks pregnant. I had no choice in the matter, the life of my unborn child was more important than the size of my bank account. At first I was just like anyone else, envelope stuffing scams were the most readily available and there was always someone somewhere willing to take your money with a promise that it was going to earn you more. Thus I learned the number one rule of working from home:
NEVER PAY SOMEONE TO GIVE YOU A JOB!
You should never have to pay money to make money, plain and simple!
It saddens me that there are so many scammers in this world who do nothing but spend their time preying upon people like myself who are looking to make an honest living from home. We are not people who are looking for the easy way out, we are people looking to work hard to make a living without neglecting our family and friends. Me personally, I want to be able to raise my son and not pay someone else to do that. I want to be the one teaching my child values and answering his questions. I want to be the one who makes his hurts go away and brings smiles to his face. I want to be the one who teaches him those things in life that make us who we truly are, and I want to do it while making a living. It took me many years to find websites that are made to help people find the real jobs and avoid the scams. Even now I spend a little time every single day looking over places like ratracerebellion.com and this blog to see if there is anything new that might be better than what I currently do. I am certain that one day I will have that perfect job that makes me enough money I can feel comfortable working from home. I will continue to search every single day because the one day I do not search is the one day I will miss out on the job of a lifetime.
Deborah Knight is a newly regular contributor to Work at Home Adventures. She is the proud mother of her son and has a fun-loving family. You can learn more about Deb and her family by following her blog: Orion’s Mama
- How a Blogger Makes Money
- We Go Look- Extra Money to Go Look!
- The How to Make Money Blogging Guide
- My Five Fave Ways to Earn Money Using the Internet
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!