4 More Ways to Use Mind Mapping
Updated on: by Erica Martin
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
A few months ago, I wrote a post about how to use mind mapping to organize thoughts for freelance writing, and broke down the basic process of creating a mind map – at that time I was focusing mainly on writing, but there are many other things that mind maps can be used for as well when you work from home. This post will discuss other ways to use mind mapping when you work from home, and how you would go about creating mind maps.
Plan your day
When you work from home, it’s important to have some sense of what you want to accomplish during the day – mind mapping is a great way to plan your daily to-do list. You might start with today’s date in the center, and then the different tasks you have to do could be branches coming off of that center shape – you could add additional information about your different tasks as additional details off those branches. Or, your branches could be different general areas you need to work on, such as “freelance writing,” “phone calls,” etc – you could add more detail about those to-do list items off of those first branches, and then you could go through and prioritize them.
Plan your business
If you’re thinking of starting a business, mind mapping is a great way to start forming your business plan. Put the type of business you want to open in the center of your mind map, then the branches could be things you’ll need to get your business going – you can put additional details off of these branches.
Plan your marketing strategy
If you’re trying to figure out how to market a product, whether it’s a book or something else, mind mapping can be a great way to brainstorm your marketing strategy. Start with the name of your product in the center of your mind map, and then the different marketing methods you’ll use, such as article marketing, social media, etc, can be the branches – you can add additional details off those branches, such as websites you’ll post articles on, or social networks you’ll market your product or service on.
Plan your website
If you’re designing a website for your business, mind mapping is a great way to plan what you’ll put on your website before you start putting your website together. The name of your website can go in the center of your mind map, then the branches can be different pages that will be part of your website, such as a blog, contact us page, disclosures page, and so on. You can then add additional details about what you want to put on those specific pages, as well as possible details about the design for those different pages.
These are just a few other ways you can use mind mapping when you work from home, outside of just using it to plan freelance writing projects – I would love to hear how you’ve used mind mapping in the work that you do from home.
- How to Use a Mind Map to Organize Thoughts
- 8 Alternatives to Online Auction Sites Like eBay (PLUS How to Use Them!)
- Picky Domains- Put Your Creative Mind to Work!
- Use Adhuntr to Find Jobs on Craigslist
- 14 Ways to Sell or Trade Your Amazon Gift Cards for Cash (Plus Ways to Trade for Other Stuff!)
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!