My Dos and Don’ts to Staying Focused
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
There are often those jobs that pay great but the work is so monotonous we sometimes would rather pull our hair out strand by strand than to sit and work!
One such job many of the WAH Adventures Facebook followers have found themselves in is Titling at Demand Media. When many of us first heard of the job and how much money people were making we were anxious to get on-board and land this seemingly perfect job!
However, once we made our way in we began wondering how anyone was really making a full income from a job that becomes very straining and flat out boring!
Our excitement for the job deflated like a popped balloon.
However, my determined little mind knew that if someone else was bringing in over $1500 a month from a job I also had, then by golly I could too!!!! These are my Do and Don’t Do tips for working those dull repetitive work at home jobs like Titling.
Do: (of course not all at once 😉
- Turn on some music.
- Watch TV and work between commercials.
- Set a timer and work in bursts with breaks between.
- Break up your household chores with spurts of work.
- Schedule 15 minutes or so randomly throughout the day to work.
- Set an earnings goal for the day and use the whole day to meet that goal.
- Don’t allow yourself on Facebook (or whatever your guilty pleasure) until your short term goal is met.
- If working another job, like a phone job, work between calls or tasks.
- Set a goal and wait until the last day of the pay schedule to meet that goal!
- Try to spend a solid 8 hours working. You may be successful once or twice but I can nearly guarantee you will not be able to keep that stamina without being entirely burned out.
- Put work on the back burner. There is a reason you need to make money, remind yourself of those reasons from time to time.
- Neglect yourself.
What do you do to keep yourself working and reaching your income goals?
- My Five Fave Ways to Earn Money Using the Internet (and Some Bonus!)
- My 10 Favorite Resources on My Work-at-Home Journey
- How to Raise Your WAH Income in 2013
- 12 Ways to Stay Focused During a Video Call
- How to Budget on an Irregular Income
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!