- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Do long hours in front of your laptop have you yawning and reaching for a cup of coffee or a sugar fix?
Do you frequently feel stressed and achy after a long day of sitting at your desk?
Whether you have been working at home for a few months or a number of years, natural remedies have been around for hundreds of years and are here to stay. These same remedies that grandma prescribed can help you stay alert, be productive, and also feel peaceable and calm in your environment.
Just worth mentioning, nothing in this blog post should be taken as medical advice or take the place of your doctor’s care or any prescribed medications. These home remedies are to be used as a preventive measure or as much as feasible and/or for personal enjoyment.
Dealing with stress and high anxiety?
Are you experiencing too much stress as you juggle family, work, clients, and yourself? Try Siberian ginseng. The active ingredient, ginsenoside, will calm your central nervous system by reducing the production of stress hormones. Try this in tablet form, and you can be feeling less stressed in two weeks’ time.
Going into high anxiety with too many client deadlines?
Try munching on sunflower seeds, which are rich in B5 vitamins, and known to steady adrenal glands.
Ashwagandha or “Indian Winter Cherry” can come in the form of a capsule or powder and is available in most health food stores or vitamin shops. This group of botanical plants helps to put an end to achy muscles caused by both physical and mental stress.
Need to focus and multitask?
If you really need to kick it into high-gear and multitask then soybean extract or phosphatidylserine will help you with that. Soybeans resemble lima beans and can be cooked and eaten the same way. Phosphatidylserine may come in the form of softgels or capsules. These have been believed to aid the brain in the production of neurotransmitters, which improve memory and help maintain focus.
Worried about sitting for long periods of time?
Help prevent blood clots in the legs from too much sitting by adding crushed cloves to your favorite cup of herbal tea. Cloves contain eugenol, which helps prevent the blood platelets from clumping and forming.
Cloves have also been believed to lower blood sugar and kill bacteria-causing germs. Some herbal teas will actually contain crushed cloves.
Don’t swallow it, smell it!
Not all remedies have to be ingested. Everyone has probably heard of aroma therapy and what it can do to your sense of smell. Vanilla-scented and/or lavender-scented candles can be lit to create a sense of calm. Neutral scents tend to help the body and mind relax.
Rosemary oil is also another natural remedy, which can be smelled. With two good whiffs of this aromatic oil, it can trigger the brain’s production of energizing beta waves. Research conducted at Chicago’s Small and Taste Treatment and Research Foundation reveal that rosemary oil will help you work faster and for longer periods of time.
Constantly worried about something?
Then try good old Epsom salts! It’s not just for achy feet. When added to a hot bath this magnesium-rich remedy is absorbed through the skin and helps stressed-out nerves.
While anyone, who works from home, knows it’s never going to be easy or 100% stress free. But with a few natural remedies, it can be less stressful and more rewarding.
Just the reasons you wanted to work at home in the first place!
- Tell Washington to Produce More Oil and Natural Gas at Home!!
- Are You an Overachiever or an Underachiever in Your Work-at-Home Life?
- How To Write Faster Than Ever Before in 6 Easy Steps
- How Resourceful Do You Have to Be to Work at Home?
- How to Know if You’re Qualified to Work from Home for a Certain Company
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada