- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- iSurveyWorld:Earn cash for each survey you complete. Up to $70 per survey. Payments are sent via paypal. No hidden fees and completely free! Join iSurveyWorld And Get $5 Now!
- Survey2Cash:Get access to your paid surveys, clinical trial opportunities, and part- time work offers. Payments are sent via paypal or gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Survey2Cash Now!
Need an Article is a content mill where writers who are hired can select articles from a job board and get paid upon completion. In this way it is similar to several other content mills out there such as Textbroker, Interact Media, Media Piston, and Writer’s Domain, among others. However, no two content mills are the same, and the case is no different with Need An Article. The research for this review was a little different, and I had trouble finding current information from the chatter around the net. However, I was able to find an email address for some of the” powers that be” at Need An Article, and they were very open and gracious with the information they offered, a much of it is not readily available on their website currently. This is due to the fact that they are not currently hiring. Even though they are not hiring, they do have a form to put your name on the waiting list, so if you are interested after reading the review, head on over.
How Do I Apply to Need an Article?
When hiring is open, you can ask for the opportunity to apply. To be selected for the second step, potential writers must take and pass a basic grammar exam. Those who do well are allowed to move on to the second phase, which involves testing for specific categories. For each category tested in, writers are presented with a question related to that specific category and asked to create a piece that contains the specific elements asked for. Writers are allowed to choose articles in categories that they have tested for and passed.
How Much Does Need an Article Pay?
I am going to insert a personal opinion here, and it is just that. I believe the pay scale here offers amazing income potential depending on the amount of work available. Compared to similar sites, it really is outstanding. Writers are assigned levels based on their performance of the tests. A writer may be assigned different levels in different categories based on their performances in each. For example, a writer may do exceptionally well in Medical Writing, but not as well in gardening. They would therefore be assigned a different pay level for each one.
The levels and pay are as follows:
• Essential Skills $.0129 per word
• Better Skills $.02 per word
• Higher Skills $.03 per word
• Exceptional Skills- $.05 per word
Now, if you are familiar with content mills, you are likely having a heart attack right now as this is fairly high pay, but as always, there is a catch. The site does take a 7% commission. Despite this, after some slick math skills, I still believe the pay is exceptional for the industry for the simple fact that if you consider a 500 word article (which seems to be the standard based on what others are saying around the forums) then even at the lowest rate you are still making slightly over $.01 per word. This is slightly higher than several other sites pay even their mid-level writers, and it only gets better.
Another important thing to note about the pay scale is that writers can retest at any time to try to move to a higher level. Customers also have the ability to pay more if more research is required than the standard pay scale would reasonably cover. They pay by PayPal weekly on Fridays, and according to those who work for them, you are paid immediately, before the article is accepted, and pay is always on time. This weekly pay system went into effect in 2006, and I could not find any complaints about it.
I always try to see what others are saying, and while a lot of the information was older, there was nothing bad out there about Need an Article. Some said you have to be fast to get the work, and others noted that many of the jobs were posts for specific writers.
One lady mentioned that had she not gotten sick and missed her quota, she would probably still be there. I asked Need an Article about the quota, and they said that during times of heavy work load that writers are asked to write a minimum number of articles each week to keep articles from sitting in the system for an undue amount of time. The minimum for part-time writers is 4 articles per week, and for full-time writers it is 6.
Another writer posted that it was a nice, relaxing place to write, and still another stated how much she enjoyed being able to virtually interact with other writers and admin personnel.
Here is what Need an Article has to say: “At Need an Article, we want to build a team, a community of writers who are responsible, accountable and reliable. We encourage writers to build a rapport with the clients they write for and keep them updated on the progress of the articles they are writing. We also want writers to communicate with admin concerning problems they may have with jobs so we can get them resolved. There are multiple means of communication on the site to help writers and clients so work can be accomplished to everyone’s satisfaction.”
Are you as sad as I am that Need an Article is currently not hiring (as of August 2012)? If you want to be on the waiting list, you can go to needandarticle.com and find the link at the bottom to become a writer. It will take you to a form that will allow you to put your name on the waiting list to be contacted when they do begin hiring. One message I came across while researching said they would be hiring soon, but I am not sure how long it has been there. Of course, while the pay is great, the availability of work is not guaranteed. I did not see a huge number of complaints about lack of work, but you never know. While no content mill should ever be considered a sole source of consistent income, Need An Article appears to be a legitimate work-at-home opportunity that would be a great egg to add to a work-at-home basket.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Article Marketing Co.
- Review of Article Bunny
- A Review of Article Document
- How to Start an Online Freelance Writing Career
- Are You an Overachiever or an Underachiever in Your Work-at-Home Life?
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!