Many of my Facebook friends might have seen my posts about oDesk last Saturday. I have ran into this website time and again from other WAHomers. But only finally decided to fully check it out. I have to say, I wish I would have done this a lot sooner.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale Research: Earn rewards by doing nothing more than sharing your experience of using the internet. Join Vindale Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
oDesk is a place for us work at home specialist to create a profile and exemplify your abilities with skills tests. You build up your profile the best you can and then check out the jobs posted. There are hundreds to thousands of jobs posted! Granted, majority is for temporary, low wage work. However, you never know when you will run into that dream job that winds up permanent and well paying! They ARE there. Just visit forums like www.wahm.com and www.workplacelikehome.com and read others experience with oDesk! It will move you to create a profile ASAP!
Now, the key to finding the dream WAH job through oDesk, is to apply for a few low wage jobs. I suggest some of the ones that only need a few hours of your time. Give the client your best quality of work and they will give you a rating and some experience hours. These hours and ratings will show on your profile and will give you a better shot at being chosen for a perfect job you find and apply for later.
oDesk also offers some ways to ensure you are paid. From allowing workers to review and rate the clients to oDesk letting you know if the pay method has been verified. oDesk also lets you view a history the client may have with oDesk and other workers. Finally, oDesk has created a program to track your hours. The program works for you as well as the client. When you are working on the assignments you are to open the oDesk software. The program will take 6 screen shots an hour. This will prove to the client you are working, as well as ensure you really are working those paid hours. Keep in mind, you can go into the system and adjust any time you may have paused to do something else, remove screen shots, adjust the privacy settings etc.
I really find oDesk as worthy of something to look into. Plus when you refer others, and those people log in 1000 hours of work through oDesk, you receive a $50 referral fee! Creating a profile does not commit you to anything, but can allow you to search through the job postings and see if you feel it worthy of any more of your time.
Best of searching to you and Happy Monday!
- oDesk Follow-up
- Updated Review of Virtual Jobs at oDesk 
- Finding Freelance Work at oDesk
- Thumbtack Review for Freelancers
- Five Things I Hate About Elance
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada