Who is Sitel?
Sitel is a telemarketing and outsourcing business headquartered in Nashville, TN. It maintains over 130 call centers in 26 countries. With a workforce of over 58,000- Sitel is a prime business that manages inbound customer service calls for many top brands.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
What Kind of Work at Home Jobs are Offered by Sitel?
Sitel hires home based call center agents from across the United States and around the Globe. The specific type of phone work involved will depend on the client you are hired to care for. They have major brand-name partners including consumer electronics companies, PC manufacturers, satellite service providers, and mobile communications companies.
Calls are inbound and may involve billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, installation scheduling or technical product troubleshooting.
Depending on the client you are working for, some calls may involve an element of sales- such as offering additional products and services.
Does Sitel Hire on an Employee Basis?
Yes. Working for Sitel means you are an employee, rather than an Independent Contractor.
Does Sitel Offer Their Home Agents Benefits?
Yes! Their benefits are listed as:
- Medical and dental benefits for full time employees
- Hourly based pay with possible incentive opportunities
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employee discounts with Sitel’s many major brand-name partners
What is Involved with Training?
Training is paid for and requires a full time schedule availability. Depending on the campaign you are being hired to serve- training can last anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks and require a full 40 hours each week. Training is completed from home.
How Much Does Sitel Pay?
I have read that pay may depend on the client/campaign you are hired to service. Pay may range in the area of $9-11 an hour. Sitel employees are paid through direct deposit or a total pay card (debit card).
Does Sitel Offer Flexibility with Scheduling?
Although their job description does not verify the scheduling process- I have read from others that you actually create your own schedule- provided it meets the needs of the campaign you hired to service.
Your schedule is fixed. However, if needed, you can submit a request for a change of hours.
What is Required to Work at Sitel?
The following are listed as the qualifications to become a Sitel Employee:
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and listening skills, including a professional and articulate voice
- Ability to multi-task in several computer applications at once while holding a conversation with a customer
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, and at times, hectic environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to maintain a quiet work environment without any conflicting responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED at minimum
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and drug screen
- Maintain a deep commitment to provide each and every customer with exceptional service
There are also additional equipment requirements that will be required before you can begin working. They include:
- Hard Wired DSL or Cable Internet (not included: dial-up, satellite or wireless connections)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Apple/Macintosh is not supported)
Specific requirements for your computer can be found on their site but a diagnostics test will be offered during the application process to ensure your computer meets the requirements.
What Are Others Saying?
Reading through forum posts about Sitel- it is clear there is a mix of opinions. Each agent’s experience may depend on the campaign they are hired for as well as the team of management worked under.
It seems the biggest complaint is trying to get upper management to reply to requests such as shift changes or for support during calls.
I have also read complaints from people who feel there is a lot of micromanaging at Sitel.
On the other side- others are saying it is the best job they have ever had.
How Can I Apply?
You apply to work for Sitel using their online application process.
- LiveOps Home Based Call Center
- Is USAContactPoint a Legit Virtual Call Center?
- ACD Direct – Pledge Based Call Center
- Cloud 10 Corp- Hourly Virtual Call Center
- A Huge List of Best Virtual Call Center Jobs from Home
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada