Who is Sitel?
Sitel is a telemarketing and outsourcing business headquartered in Nashville, TN. It maintains over 130 call centers in 26 countries. With a workforce of over 58,000- Sitel is a prime business that manages inbound customer service calls for many top brands.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
What Kind of Work at Home Jobs are Offered by Sitel?
Sitel hires home based call center agents from across the United States and around the Globe. The specific type of phone work involved will depend on the client you are hired to care for. They have major brand-name partners including consumer electronics companies, PC manufacturers, satellite service providers, and mobile communications companies.
Calls are inbound and may involve billing inquiries, account or product inquiries, product or service orders, installation scheduling or technical product troubleshooting.
Depending on the client you are working for, some calls may involve an element of sales- such as offering additional products and services.
Does Sitel Hire on an Employee Basis?
Yes. Working for Sitel means you are an employee, rather than an Independent Contractor.
Does Sitel Offer Their Home Agents Benefits?
Yes! Their benefits are listed as:
- Medical and dental benefits for full time employees
- Hourly based pay with possible incentive opportunities
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employee discounts with Sitel’s many major brand-name partners
What is Involved with Training?
Training is paid for and requires a full time schedule availability. Depending on the campaign you are being hired to serve- training can last anywhere from 1 to 6 weeks and require a full 40 hours each week. Training is completed from home.
How Much Does Sitel Pay?
I have read that pay may depend on the client/campaign you are hired to service. Pay may range in the area of $9-11 an hour. Sitel employees are paid through direct deposit or a total pay card (debit card).
Does Sitel Offer Flexibility with Scheduling?
Although their job description does not verify the scheduling process- I have read from others that you actually create your own schedule- provided it meets the needs of the campaign you hired to service.
Your schedule is fixed. However, if needed, you can submit a request for a change of hours.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What is Required to Work at Sitel?
The following are listed as the qualifications to become a Sitel Employee:
- Prior customer service experience preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent verbal and listening skills, including a professional and articulate voice
- Ability to multi-task in several computer applications at once while holding a conversation with a customer
- Enjoy working in a fast paced, and at times, hectic environment while maintaining a professional attitude
- Ability to maintain a quiet work environment without any conflicting responsibilities
- High school diploma or GED at minimum
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check, credit check, and drug screen
- Maintain a deep commitment to provide each and every customer with exceptional service
There are also additional equipment requirements that will be required before you can begin working. They include:
- Hard Wired DSL or Cable Internet (not included: dial-up, satellite or wireless connections)
- Windows 7 or 8 (Apple/Macintosh is not supported)
Specific requirements for your computer can be found on their site but a diagnostics test will be offered during the application process to ensure your computer meets the requirements.
What Are Others Saying?
Reading through forum posts about Sitel- it is clear there is a mix of opinions. Each agent’s experience may depend on the campaign they are hired for as well as the team of management worked under.
It seems the biggest complaint is trying to get upper management to reply to requests such as shift changes or for support during calls.
I have also read complaints from people who feel there is a lot of micromanaging at Sitel.
On the other side- others are saying it is the best job they have ever had.
How Can I Apply?
You apply to work for Sitel using their online application process.
- LiveOps Home Based Call Center
- Is USAContactPoint a Legit Virtual Call Center?
- ACD Direct – Pledge Based Call Center
- Cloud 10 Corp- Hourly Virtual Call Center
- NexusOp Work at Home Opportunity for Call Center Agents
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.