Parliament Tutors- Tutor Students From Home
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Parliament Tutors is a well established tutoring company. At first glance you would not realize they offered work at home job positions. However, the people behind Parliament Tutors have informed me they do in fact offer home based jobs and the pay is well worth giving this company a serious thought!
How Does Parliament Home Based Positions Work?
Parliament Tutors hires Independent contractors to provide in-home tutoring and test preparation to students. They also offer work at home tutoring jobs using a web-based program called Scriblink to communicate with the students. Tutors can simply log in at their scheduled times to meet up with their student and begin the lesson using the online platform provided by Parliament Tutors.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
What Are The Qualifications at Parliament Tutors?
Based on the conversation I had through email with an Academic Advisor at Parliament Tutors, they look for people who are highly knowledgeable in their field and have teaching experience.
What Is the Schedule Like?
The schedule for tutoring really depends on the schedule of the student’s being tutored. Because a good majority of the students who are a part of Parliament Tutors are in high-school, the lessons are scheduled after school during the week or throughout the day on the weekends. If working with college age students, the scheduling can include weekday mornings as well.
The schedule appears to be very flexible and some tutors work as little as a few hours a week while others, especially during busy season, work as many as 30 hours a week.
What Kind of Pay Can I Expect?
The rate of pay is based fairly upon the tutors experience and expertise in their field. According to an Academic Advisor at Parliament Tutors, the rate of pay can vary but averages around $20-35/hour. Compared to other online tutoring companies such as Tutor.com, this rate of pay is excellent!
Are There Any Benefits Included?
Parliament Tutors does not have formal benefits set aside for their tutors. However, there are many informal benefits to working as a tutor at Parliament. In addition to the flexible schedule and being able to work from home, Parliament Tutors will reimburse you the cost of any books purchased to be used for your lessons. These books are still yours however and you can keep them for your own use! Anyone familiar with textbooks knows just how expensive the material can be!
What Do Other Say About Parliament Tutors?
Researching Parliament Tutors’ work from home jobs was difficult. There really was not much information to be found. There were many reviews of a job well done by the tutors left online by students and their parents. The one review I found is listed below but based on my personal conversation with Parliament Tutors and a variety of sites, including RatRaceRebellion.com including them on their lists of legit work at home tutoring jobs, I am confident in the legitimacy of this position.
- Become an Online Tutor with Tutapoint
- Tutor.com – Use Your Education – Tutoring
- Get Paid to Video Chat With English Students
- 100 Best Legitimate Companies Offering Online Jobs for College Students
- 86 Best Free Educational Resource Websites for Students of All Ages
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!