What is PeoplePerHour?
PeoplePerHour is similar in its core to sites like Odesk or Fiverr where you list your services and/or bid on tasks posted by freelance seekers. As a freelancer you can quickly set up a profile page to display your skills and services along with your hourly rate. Small Businesses turn to PeoplePerHour and post jobs they need completed, usually jobs that can be done remotely. Freelancers can then Bid on the Jobs posted.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Doesn’t “Bidding Site” Mean Low Wage Work?
Usually that generalization would be correct. However, PeoplePerHour show that the average hourly rate for freelancers winning bids on the site is $34/hour. In fact, the average job pays $538. You should expect to earn what you fairly deserve and the job seekers will expect the quality you know how to provide.
What Types of Jobs are Commonly Listed at PeoplePerHour?
According to their website- the most popular job types on PeoplePerHour are:
- WordPress Themes
- Voice Over
- Data Entry
- Legal Services
- Web Design
- Lead Generation
- Account Support
- Video Editing
While browsing around myself I see a lot of what is listed above as well as Writing Services, Bookkeeping and Social Media. Anything you would normally see a need in other Bidding Sites seem to appear here as well.
Is There Very Much Activity at PeoplePerHour?
Although you may not have heard of PeoplePerHour, apparently hundreds of thousands of others have- or I may just be entirely out of the loop because I only JUST heard of this one! Currently there are 1450 jobs posted- waiting for bids and OVER 334,000 freelancers advertising their skills and services at PeoplePerHour! I would take an educated guess that there is plenty of activity happening on this freelancer bidding site!
In fact, I was able to educate myself on the hype of PeoplePerHour through an infographic on their site that says $84 MILLION dollars has been spent through the site through over 156,000 jobs posted. Majority of the jobs completed were done in United States.
What Type of Fee Does PeoplePerHour Take From Earnings?
First, there is no registration fee of any kind. However, there is a percentage that will be taken from your earnings based on the amount you earned. I am a bit confused on how they charge, I would suggest you read it straight from the horses mouth on their FAQ page. However, my interpretation of the fees is that anything you make up to 175 Euros (or around 227 American Dollars) is charged a whopping 15%! Then, anything you earn beyond that in the month will be charged 3.5%.
That is a pretty hefty fee in my opinion and I hope that PeoplePerHour would consider shifting those fees over to the Buyer.
Verdict on PeoplePerHour
If you are a freelancer who is looking for more work to fill your schedule, then I suggest getting started at PeoplePerHour. However, given their large fee, if you are able to find work alternatively- it could be a better idea. But regardless, many sites like this will probably still pay lower than what you end up with at PeoplePerHour- it’s your call.
A positive thing to take note of is that you don’t only have to bid on projects to begin work. Clients will often contact you directly through the site to work for them if your skills match their needs. Or, you may end up with a return client and even face the chance for long-term work.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Visit PeoplePerHour to Get Started.
- Types of Work at Home Transcription Jobs
- Review of the Kinzer Projects
- Freelancers – How to Deal with the Budget Constraints of Your Clients
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- Thumbtack Review for Freelancers
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!