PlumChoice: Remote Tech Support Jobs
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Do you enjoy technology and computer troubleshooting?
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Do you enjoy seeing customers satisfied by your expertise?
Do you enjoy working from home?
Well, then PlumChoice might be the work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is PlumChoice?
PlumChoice is a 24-hour premium remote PC and technology repair service offered from your home to other home offices and small offices. Customers log in 24/7 and schedule computer repairs that can be done remotely. Customers look to you to be their computer tech guy or gal. The actual position is called a “Tier 1 Support Technician” or Support Tech.
PlumChoice also offers clients different payment options, such as a monthly subscription plan or a “fix my problem” which is a pay-on-the-spot plan.
What Does a Support Tech Do at PlumChoice?
PlumChoice Remote Support Techs help with:
- removing viruses and installing antivirus software.
- stopping pop-ups and removing adware/spyware.
- installing home and small office networks to ensure security.
- fixing email and software problems.
- fixing printer, scanner, digital camera and other peripheral problems.
- helping with MP3 players, PDAs, and other mobile devices.
- speeding up your computer and increasing performance.
- performing standard maintenance, updates, and patches.
- installing, configuring, and training on new software and hardware.
- assisting in data back-up processes.
- setting up secure wireless networks.
- providing training.
- fixing error messages or frozen screens.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
The Support Tech should have the following credentials:
- a minimum of 3 years desktop or call center support for Windows-based systems. Mac experience is a plus.
- strong technical skills with Microsoft Windows OS application and networking.
- well-versed in resolving common computer problems.
- excellent communication and customer service skills.
- self-motivated and able to work independently.
- ability to follow through to a resolution.
- highly motivated and able to work independently.
- takes ownership for problems and follow through to resolution.
- certification(s) including but not limited to: A+, MCP, CCNA, MCSE, CCNP, Net+.
Computer and Equipment Requirements to Work at PlumChoice
Potential candidates should have the following remote set-up:
- high-speed Internet
- dedicated Windows-based computer with Windows 7 at a minimum
- quiet, private workspace
- dedicated phone line—No VoIP
What Are the Hours at PlumChoice?
There is a variety of shifts existing over the 24/7/365 timeframe. Some evening and weekend shifts will also be required. You have a set schedule, and you are an employee.
What is the Pay at PlumChoice?
The pay at PlumChoice varies with experience and the number of certifications.
Independent Contractor or an Employee
As previously stated, you are an employee. PlumChoice Online PC Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What is My Overall Impression?
If you work from home, have the technical expertise, and have been waiting for a technical job then this might be the one. It seems that they do offer a good selection of remote computer services.
Are there Other Companies Like PlumChoice?
There are several companies that offer similar technical support services as PlumChoice, providing both remote and onsite IT solutions to businesses and individuals. Here are five such companies:
Support.com offers a comprehensive suite of technical support services for businesses and consumers. They have a cloud-based platform that enables fully remote, over-the-internet tech support, which can be useful for everything from general troubleshooting to specific tech issue resolution.
Geek Squad is a subsidiary of Best Buy, known for offering a broad range of tech-related services, including repairs, installations, and support. They provide assistance for a variety of devices and software, both remotely and through in-store and at-home services.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
HelloTech provides in-home tech support and installations for a wide array of digital needs, such as setting up devices, troubleshooting internet issues, and more. They also offer online, remote support for immediate tech help.
CompuCom offers a variety of IT solutions, including managed IT services, hardware and software support, and IT staffing services. They provide support for small businesses up to large corporations, helping to streamline IT management and improve operational efficiency.
Tech to Us provides remote, USA-based tech support for businesses and individuals. They offer support for a variety of devices and platforms, including PCs, Macs, and a range of software. Their service plans are flat-rate, providing customers with unlimited support for their devices.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to PlumChoice?
While PlumChoice hires remote computer technicians to work from home, the job itself is hired through a staffing agency. I have seen these jobs advertised on Jobamatic, CareerBuilder, and Monster. I would go to each one of these sites and open an account, set up job alerts and have them sent to your email address.
In the meantime, you can learn more about PlumChoice at their website.
- Top 17 Legitimate Work from Home Online Tech Support Jobs
- 10 High-Paying Remote Jobs in the Tech Industry
- Best Platforms for Free Tech Support
- The Top 20 Must-Have Tech Skills for Remote Work
- 30 Remote Jobs for Extroverts
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!