Do you enjoy technology and computer troubleshooting?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Do you enjoy seeing customers satisfied by your expertise?
Do you enjoy working from home?
Well, then PlumChoice might be the work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is PlumChoice?
PlumChoice is a 24-hour premium remote PC and technology repair service offered from your home to other home offices and small offices. Customers log in 24/7 and schedule computer repairs that can be done remotely. Customers look to you to be their computer tech guy or gal. The actual position is called a “Tier 1 Support Technician” or Support Tech.
PlumChoice also offers clients different payment options, such as a monthly subscription plan or a “fix my problem” which is a pay-on-the-spot plan.
What Does a Support Tech Do at PlumChoice?
PlumChoice Remote Support Techs help with:
- removing viruses and installing antivirus software.
- stopping pop-ups and removing adware/spyware.
- installing home and small office networks to ensure security.
- fixing email and software problems.
- fixing printer, scanner, digital camera and other peripheral problems.
- helping with MP3 players, PDAs, and other mobile devices.
- speeding up your computer and increasing performance.
- performing standard maintenance, updates, and patches.
- installing, configuring, and training on new software and hardware.
- assisting in data back-up processes.
- setting up secure wireless networks.
- providing training.
- fixing error messages or frozen screens.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
The Support Tech should have the following credentials:
- a minimum of 3 years desktop or call center support for Windows-based systems. Mac experience is a plus.
- strong technical skills with Microsoft Windows OS application and networking.
- well-versed in resolving common computer problems.
- excellent communication and customer service skills.
- self-motivated and able to work independently.
- ability to follow through to a resolution.
- highly motivated and able to work independently.
- takes ownership for problems and follow through to resolution.
- certification(s) including but not limited to: A+, MCP, CCNA, MCSE, CCNP, Net+.
Computer and Equipment Requirements to Work at PlumChoice
Potential candidates should have the following remote set-up:
- high-speed Internet
- dedicated Windows-based computer with Windows 7 at a minimum
- quiet, private workspace
- dedicated phone line—No VoIP
What Are the Hours at PlumChoice?
There is a variety of shifts existing over the 24/7/365 timeframe. Some evening and weekend shifts will also be required. You have a set schedule, and you are an employee.
What is the Pay at PlumChoice?
The pay at PlumChoice varies with experience and the number of certifications.
Independent Contractor or an Employee
As previously stated, you are an employee. PlumChoice Online PC Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
What is My Overall Impression?
If you work from home, have the technical expertise, and have been waiting for a technical job then this might be the one. It seems that they do offer a good selection of remote computer services.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to PlumChoice?
While PlumChoice hires remote computer technicians to work from home, the job itself is hired through a staffing agency. I have seen these jobs advertised on Jobamatic, CareerBuilder, and Monster. I would go to each one of these sites and open an account, set up job alerts and have them sent to your email address.
In the meantime, you can learn more about PlumChoice at their website.
- Top 14 Legitimate Work from Home Online Tech Support Jobs
- Support.com- Great Phone Job with Benefits
- 10 Best Places to Find Remote Medical Billing and Coding Jobs
- American Support Call Center Reps
- 55 Best Companies That Hire Remote Workers
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!