Do you enjoy technology and computer troubleshooting?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
Do you enjoy seeing customers satisfied by your expertise?
Do you enjoy working from home?
Well, then PlumChoice might be the work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is PlumChoice?
PlumChoice is a 24-hour premium remote PC and technology repair service offered from your home to other home offices and small offices. Customers log in 24/7 and schedule computer repairs that can be done remotely. Customers look to you to be their computer tech guy or gal. The actual position is called a “Tier 1 Support Technician” or Support Tech.
PlumChoice also offers clients different payment options, such as a monthly subscription plan or a “fix my problem” which is a pay-on-the-spot plan.
What Does a Support Tech Do at PlumChoice?
PlumChoice Remote Support Techs help with:
- removing viruses and installing antivirus software.
- stopping pop-ups and removing adware/spyware.
- installing home and small office networks to ensure security.
- fixing email and software problems.
- fixing printer, scanner, digital camera and other peripheral problems.
- helping with MP3 players, PDAs, and other mobile devices.
- speeding up your computer and increasing performance.
- performing standard maintenance, updates, and patches.
- installing, configuring, and training on new software and hardware.
- assisting in data back-up processes.
- setting up secure wireless networks.
- providing training.
- fixing error messages or frozen screens.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
The Support Tech should have the following credentials:
- a minimum of 3 years desktop or call center support for Windows-based systems. Mac experience is a plus.
- strong technical skills with Microsoft Windows OS application and networking.
- well-versed in resolving common computer problems.
- excellent communication and customer service skills.
- self-motivated and able to work independently.
- ability to follow through to a resolution.
- highly motivated and able to work independently.
- takes ownership for problems and follow through to resolution.
- certification(s) including but not limited to: A+, MCP, CCNA, MCSE, CCNP, Net+.
Computer and Equipment Requirements to Work at PlumChoice
Potential candidates should have the following remote set-up:
- high-speed Internet
- dedicated Windows-based computer with Windows 7 at a minimum
- quiet, private workspace
- dedicated phone line—No VoIP
What Are the Hours at PlumChoice?
There is a variety of shifts existing over the 24/7/365 timeframe. Some evening and weekend shifts will also be required. You have a set schedule, and you are an employee.
What is the Pay at PlumChoice?
The pay at PlumChoice varies with experience and the number of certifications.
Independent Contractor or an Employee
As previously stated, you are an employee. PlumChoice Online PC Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
What is My Overall Impression?
If you work from home, have the technical expertise, and have been waiting for a technical job then this might be the one. It seems that they do offer a good selection of remote computer services.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to PlumChoice?
While PlumChoice hires remote computer technicians to work from home, the job itself is hired through a staffing agency. I have seen these jobs advertised on Jobamatic, CareerBuilder, and Monster. I would go to each one of these sites and open an account, set up job alerts and have them sent to your email address.
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!
In the meantime, you can learn more about PlumChoice at their website.
- Top 14 Legitimate Work from Home Online Tech Support Jobs
- Support.com- Great Phone Job with Benefits
- 10 Best Places to Find Remote Medical Billing and Coding Jobs
- American Support Call Center Reps
- 20 Work from Home Jobs That Give You a Free Computer
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!