Resources for Writers of the Web
Updated on: by Jess Weaver
Written By: Jessica Weaver
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Writers need resources. A lot of complaints I hear are from writers not knowing where to look for resources. A lot of us write for Textbroker and Merchant Circle and we need some awesome resources to help guide our writing. The better researched our writing is and the more informative our information, the happier our clients are.
1. Proper Resources>> Some of you are completely new to writing and may not know of the proper resources to use. All information posted on the internet is not correct. Some sites are just opinions and are not great writing resources. The information you need is dependent on the topic at hand. A lot of us write about product reviews, and I would suggest using a reputable review site-not just a random one. The wrong information can get a writer into trouble.
2. Wikipedia>> Although this resource has a bad wrap on occasions. I personally
use it a lot for my own writing resources. However, I have noticed that the wording can be hard to interpret. I try to just get a general idea about my topic from there, because Wikipedia has just about every topic imaginable to research. A quick look at this page will give you a general idea of the topic being written about.
3. eHow.com>> This is my ultimate place to research information. Generally they have information about every topic and it is an easy search engine. Also, they have additional resources at the bottom of their articles, which means more access to resources to me.
4. An Online Library or Journal>> If you are a research writer you will need academic resources for your articles. Several colleges offer online library resources for free. However, if you research the topic well enough, you will find several awesome resources that are reputable.
What are your favorite writing resources?
Please share with a comment below.
- Jumping Into The World Of Writing
- A Guide to Some of the Information Available From the IRS
- What Type of Writer Are You?
- A Review of Helium
- Calling All Content Mill Writers: The Content Authority is Looking for You
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Click here to post a comment...
July 26, 2011 at 9:42 am
great resources Jess, thank you.
July 26, 2011 at 9:44 am
thanks! :-)–> Short and sweet!
July 26, 2011 at 10:15 am
Most of the writing I do on the web is for my own blog. However, I am still really picky about where I get my backup information.
July 26, 2011 at 10:16 am
I agree. Some people aren’t tho, and they just get it from anywhere..LOL
July 26, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Not sure why Wikipedia gets such a bad wrap. I don’t rely on it as the gospel, but I use it a lot when I’m transcribing to research terms.
July 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm
I agree. Even When I was in College we were told not to use it? Not sure why?
July 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm
We can’t use it at ChaCha either. The reason given is because it is a public site that can be written and edited by anyone??
When writing research papers and using Wikipedia as a researching tool I like to look at the bottom where you can find the resources of the Wikipedia article! Which are usually reliable for college papers and such.