- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
UPDATE 2019: The eDegree Advisor website is no longer functioning and I can’t seem to find much-updated information on the company, so it seems like it’s out of commission now.
Do you enjoy helping people make decisions?
Are you interested in telemarketing in general?
Do you have the power of persuasion to convert sales leads?
And, have you always wanted to work from home using skills you have to help others?
Then eDegree Advisor might be the place for you.
What Exactly is eDegree Advisor?
The company, eDegree Advisor, formerly known as Helios Media, is a telemarketing company that hires outbound calling agents who work from home to contact people who have expressed an interest in starting or going back to college.
What Do Remote Agents Do at eDegree Advisor?
The eDegree Advisor telemarketers are sent outbound calls via their computers.
Their telephone system will dial the phone for you, and you are expected to speak with the person and make a sales conversion.
You will try to get them interested enough in a college to transfer them to an admissions counselor to schedule an appointment.
Training is paid.
You will train in the beginning and then again before getting on the phones.
Upon successful completion of both trainings, you will be given $75.
What Are the Equipment/Computer Requirements?
Like most companies, eDegree Advisor does have some special requirements for equipment each advisor needs to have in their home office.
You will need:
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- an updated, hardwired PC or laptop with high-speed Internet of at least 1.45 mbp.
- anti-virus and anti-malware software installed.
- a USB headphone with noise cancelling and a mic.
- a quiet office space with minimal distractions.
- a Skype account for training and management communication.
You will also need to pass an assessment to work there.
I understand these requirements are mostly common sense, and anyone who has ever worked a service job should be able to pass their initial assessment.
This particular assessment is conducted to test you on customer service skills and how you would handle certain situations.
What Are the Schedules?
The shifts are usually 4 hours in length and usually run between 11:00 a.m. to around 5:30 p.m. PST, Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday.
Are You an Independent Contractor or an Employee?
You are an independent contractor and responsible for your own taxes as an online agent working for eDegree.
What is the Pay Like and When is Pay Day?
The pay itself is between $10 to $13 an hour with commissions.
Some workers claim that their pay is up to $18 an hour after commissions.
Payday is every two weeks by direct deposit on the 5th and 20th of each month.
What is My Overall Impression of eDegree Advisor?
I would say to try this company at your own risk.
The reviews are mixed with more negative than positive.
You can certainly conduct your own Google search, but mine yielded disgruntled workers, who complained that the company was quick to hire and quick to fire.
I read through about one hour’s worth of mixed reviews.
There were stories of workers, who were sick and called in to clear it with the manager.
Then even after their manager’s okay, their account was suspended.
There were other stories of workers, who complained about the call routing being so overloaded, that good sales calls were dropped as more calls were pushed through.
Other workers complained about a lack of good leads citing that most of the calls were bogus leads or wrong numbers, which also counted against the telemarketer.
Now on the flip side of the coin, there were those claiming to be top earners and making good money while enjoying the work.
How Can Someone Interested Apply?
Interested individuals may go to the website and click on the apply button.
- Working From Home for Concentrix
- How Working from Home Can Save Money
- Working at Home with Parameds
- Working from Home: 5 Reasons it is Different than You Thought it Would Be
- Working from Home: Tips to Transition Smoothly
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!