- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Do you enjoy non-sales calls in a virtual call center?
Are you able to read a script verbatim?
Would you like having a guaranteed hourly wage?
Well, then Maritz might just be the right work-at-home (WAH) opportunity for you.
What Exactly is Maritz?
Maritz Research, LLC or more commonly called Maritz (pronounced “Mar-its”) is a research company that specializes in going “beyond the customer experience”. For industries such as the automotive, hospitality, financial, retail, and technology–Maritz is there to ask the important questions and do the research to find out what exactly customers are saying about a particular brand. In other words, how was the company’s customer service. Maritz’s goal is to contact these consumers who have received a service within 60 days and ask a series of questions (survey), which usually takes between 3 to 5 minutes.
What Types of WAH Jobs Are Offered at Maritz?
While there is a variety of jobs at Maritz, the work-at-home (WAH) position is the virtual call center representative or the “virtual interviewer” as they like to call it. It is a remote position that you will be doing at home.
Their telephony system will automatically dial the customer’s phone number for you. This is similar to a predictive dialer, but no need to keep hitting the NEXT button. Because the system is dialing for you, most agents end up with back-to-back calls. Just be prepared to be busy for the duration of your shift. Most shifts are 3 to 4 hours long.
What Are the Hours at Maritz?
The scheduling requirements are a minimum of 20 hours per week with a maximum of 28 hours per week. There are 4+ hour shifts Monday through Friday and 6+ hour shifts between Friday and Saturday. You must work 3 hours (minimum) every Saturday. If you choose to split the 6 hours (weekend requirement), you must work 4 hours Friday and 3 hours Saturday. Working Saturday is a requirement. The schedule is strict and must be followed. No exceptions.
The hours of operation are:
- Monday through Friday the hours are from 1-6 pm PT/2-7 pm MT/3-8 pm CT/4-9 pm ET.
- Saturday shifts are 8-5 pm PT/9-6 pm MT/10-7 pm CT/11-8 pm ET.
- Sunday is not available.
How Does An Agent Become Certified?
After applying online (see directions at the bottom of this article), you will be contacted via email for a phone interview stating that you have read all of the requirements and are still interested in the job. On the day of the phone interview, you will be emailed a phone assessment, which you will do with the interviewer.
If you do well and your application and resume are also accepted, you will then be contacted verbally by phone and offered the job. You will then be emailed the paperwork to begin the hiring process.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
There is a reference check and former employment verification as well as a drug test. This will be part of the paperwork that is emailed to you upon acceptance.
What Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
Their qualification requirements are:
- Good basic reading skills
- Clear English spoken to ensure customer understanding
- Explicitly follow verbal and written instructions
- Friendly and professional behavior in all situations
- High tolerance for repetitive tasks
- Self-motivation to achieve production and quality goals
- Excellent attendance
Other things to consider when working at Maritz:
- Must maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Must follow company policies and procedures at all times.
- Must not be caring for anyone while at work including children, parents, pets, etc.
What Are the Computer/Equipment Requirements?
Equipment and Work Station Requirements:
- Broadband connection to the Internet must be reliable and high-speed
- PC with Microsoft 2000 and Internet Explorer version 5.0 or better
- Landline telephone with clear and reliable reception
- Active e-mail account
- Secure and private workspace
- Workspace quiet and free of background noise
- Workspace safe and free of hazards
Are You Considered an Independent Contractor or an Employee at Maritz?
The virtual interviewer position mentioned is a part-time employee position. And while you will not be receiving benefits (health and dental insurance), you will be receiving a few perks.
The perks include:
- Direct deposit weekly on Fridays
- Monthly incentive programs based on project performance
- Employee referral program
- Weekly schedules set by employees within their time zone
What is the Pay Scale and When is Payday at Maritz?
The pay scale at Maritz is based on your state’s minimum wage plus 10% added to that. Pay does increase as you continue working for Maritz. There are opportunities to earn additional increases based on your performance in the first 60 days.
Payday is weekly (every Friday) and deposited into the agent’s account via direct deposit.
What is My Overall Impression of Maritz?
I think Maritz is a wonderful part-time opportunity to work from home. It is perfect for the person needing another “WAH egg in the basket” or looking to supplement their current income. I hear from agents all the time who are lucky to have this opportunity and who also enjoy a steady, predictable income from home. Also, those who are burnt out from sales calls from other WAH companies, mention how much they like working at Maritz.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply to Maritz?
To see available positions or to apply- you can visit the Work at Home Career Page.
Good luck to all who apply.
- Review of 20/20 Research
- Review of NexRep
- A Review of ConnectandSell
- Review of Zirtual
- Review of Oasis Marketing Solutions
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!