**UPDATE: It appears AnswerGem has dissolved. [02/2014]
What is AnswerGem?
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
Some of you are wondering what exactly this is and how you can earn an income from it. Let’s not get our hopes up in thinking this will bring you home a thousand dollars a week. However, it does have some earning potential. Basically, this is a site where you can sign up to become an expert and answer other people’s questions. If you are an expert in a certain area, then you can become qualified to answer these questions.
Can you earn money from this site?
As mentioned before, you can earn money but it’s not going to make you a millionaire. Each question costs the customer anywhere from $9-45 dollar, so they are probably expecting an expert opinion and not some random answer. Here is a detailed explanation of how much money you can earn from becoming an expert:
Depending on your expert level in that category (i.e. Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum level), AnswerGem compensates you as follows:
– When customer accepts your answer – you receive as much as 51% of deposit
– When customer pays a bonus – you receive as much as 75%, and
– When customer pays to view your archived answers – you receive as much as 51%
AnswerGem pays through PayPal. It looks like you can cash out when you have $20 in your account. Please read this FAQ section for more information.
Although, AnswerGem claims you can make several hundred dollars a day, “Make some extra income in their spare time — as much as few hundred dollars per day (especially in this down economy) — without spending too much time or effort to do so!” —we know from working at home that is not always possible.
Is the sign up process easy or hard?
I signed up and they sent me a confirmation email to my account. My account was validated without any issues. You have to verify all of your personal information before you can start the process. You have to choose what area you would like to answer in. Of course, you will have to prove further if you are qualified to give answers. I have my teaching degree, so I decided to go through and list that as my expertise. You also have to click several boxes that say you are an expert in the field and you are not lying. I am a bronze level with AnswerGem and as I answer more questions, my level will increase and I can earn more money. Then, you have to answer test questions to get in. Some of the questions are kind of hard but keep in mind that people are paying big bucks for these answers.
Is AnswerGem a Scam?
I would have to say, NO, this company is not a scam. You will not get rich and you have to pass the screening process. However, it’s very real and very legitimate. I will keep you informed as my experience with this company grows.
If you sign up as an expert you can earn up ten percent of what that person makes for the next year. You can learn more about the referral program in the FAQS section.
Check out AnswerGem if interested.
Do you have any experience with AnswerGem? Please share in a comment below!