- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
If there is one thing that we work-at-homers (WAHers) know, it is that our opinions count. Not only do our opinions count, but with the right work-at-home company, we can also get paid for our opinions.
One place of these companies is Epinions.com, where you can earn money writing product reviews for 30 different categories of products. Some of the most popular categories include cars, software and computers, electronics, kids and family, and sports.
Online opinion/surveys/review writing sites are really nothing new to most of us who have been working at home for a few years. There are well-known reputable sites such as Pinecone Research as well as those companies, which border on being a work-at-home scam.
What makes Epinions different?
Epinions has made Clark Howard’s List of Legitimate Work at Home Companies for 2012. It will be interesting to see what he names for his list in 2013. Most of you will recognize Clark Howard as the nationally syndicated consumer expert and host of The Clark Howard Show.
What exactly is Epinions?
Again, Epinions is a place where reviewers can earn money writing product reviews, and consumers can go to find information on these products. Epinions is a service of Shopping.com, an eBay company founded in 1999, to help consumers make comparative buying decisions.
How does Epinions work?
Epinions will pay .01 for every “hit” you get on your review plus once you become established, you can become a part of the income share program.
There are product reviewers averaging $100 a year, and there are top earning reviewers making $1,600 a year.
To maximize your earnings, you will need to participate in the income share program. This would be similar to the revenue sharing programs offered at Squidoo and Red Gage.
You can also earn money by signing up other product reviewers using your referral link to Epinions as well as collecting affiliate royalties by linking to Epinions from your web site.
Eroyalty credits can also be earned, cashed, and paid to you.
How do consumers use Epinions?
Consumers can log on at any time and research a product before buying. For example, a consumer could go and research a popular toy such as Ty the Bear then read the reviews. Reviews can be good, bad or mixed.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
When a consumer decides to buy the product after reading the reviews, there are links on the review page for different vendors selling the product and at what price.
Over time, most consumers will create their own “Web of Trust” and add the reviewers that they follow and trust to give them the information they need.
How is pay handled at Epinions?
Epinions pays once a month via PayPal on the 15th of the month. If you are actively writing product reviews and have a balance of $5 or more, you will receive a payment from Epinions.
How do you get started with Epinions?
Go to www.epinions.com and click the Join Now button in the upper right hand corner.
You will use one of your email addresses and a password of your choice to help create your account. You will also need a PayPal account.
Once you join Epinions, you will have full access to a members center where you will have all the information you will need to be successful at Epinions. Everything from how to write a product review to how to understand the rating guidelines will be in your member center.
There is also a member forum to guide you as well as a news archive is dating back from 2001.
My overall opinion of Epinions?
I think Epinions is a legitimate source of additional income. While I would caution anyone wanting to make it their primary source of income, I think it could certainly be a great additional “WAH egg to have in the basket”.
I also think that it could become a great conversation starter or self-promoting tool just knowing that you are writing reviews for products. This would be particularly helpful if these were products in your field of expertise or used within your industry. For example, if you are a virtual assistant, you could establish yourself in your field by writing product reviews on home office furniture.
How do I apply at Epinions?
Go to www.epinions.com and click on Join Now button in the right hand corner.
Good luck to all who apply.
- ConsumerSearch Review
- ReviewStream.com Review: Can You Make Money Reviewing Products?
- Get Paid to Video Review and Sample Products with Expo TV
- Ozio Media Review
- Review of GetACoder
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!