Review of goFLUENT.com
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Do you have a degree in education that you aren’t using while working at home?
Do you enjoy working with people of other cultures and seeing them succeed?
Do you enjoy languages, especially the English language?
Then goFluent might be the work-at-home (WAH) job for you!
What Exactly is goFLUENT?
Similar to Idapted and ISpeakUSpeak, goFLUENT is a place where international students can go to practice their business English skills. With English being the international language and the business world becoming more global, business English skills are in demand. The company, goFLUENT, seeks to provide state-of-the-art technology for language development to it’s clients, students, and trainers.
The company offers on-demand distance Business English training with fully integrated learning solutions combining e-learning, written coaching, and live telephone training 24/7.
With offices located in the US, Canada, and The Philippines, goFLUENT was founded in 2000 by a frustrated French entrepreneur and banker, Christophe Ferrandou, who couldn’t get the hours and flexibility he needed to learn English. He came up with the solution of having someone give him English lessons over the phone and then set up a web site where the instructor could check his homework and progress. Both of these solutions kept pace with his already busy schedule. Hence, goFLUENT was born.
What Types of Jobs Are Available at goFLUENT?
Trainers are needed! To work for goFLUENT, you’ll need an education degree, teaching certification and/or language certification.
Outside of that you will need good initiative, a sense of service, and the ability to thrive in a team. You will also need to be motivating with a passion for teaching as well as have an interest in other cultures and the ability to discuss business and international events.
What Are the Hours at goFLUENT?
Working days are from Monday to Sunday, and goFLUENT requires a minimum of four hours per day, five days a week for a total of 20 hours a week (minimum) within the following hours:
- Missouri and Kansas: 11:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. (CDT)
- Pennsylvania, New York, and Canada: Midnight – 5:00 p.m. (EST)
- Washington and Oregon: 9:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. (PST)
Each teaching session lasts a minimum of 30 minutes to a maximum of 90 minutes.
What Other Skills/Special Training Do You Need?
Other than the education degree(s) previously mentioned, you never have to be plan your own lessons or homework assignments. These will be taken care of for you. Training is largely over the phone since conversation plays such a big part in learning business English.
What is the Training Like at goFLUENT?
Well, it certainly has become state-of-the-art as goFLUENT tries to keep pace with ever-changing technology. In February 2012 goFLUENT launched the new iPhone app for their e-learning portals to be used on the iPhone, iPad, and iPod. The CEO, Christophe Ferrandou, commented on how mobile devices have outsold computers at a rate of three times. Their iPhone app is slowly replacing the landline phone and other e-learning portals once only accessible via PC or laptop.
As for the mobile app, it is updated frequently with new videos ranging from Economics, Healthcare, Lifestyle, Technology, Finance, and Energy with a video learning level and corresponding quiz attached to each video. There is even a fan page on Facebook for goFLUENT’s mobile phone app at https://www.facebook.com/goFLUENT.
The Brandon Hall Award for the Best of Blended Learning and the 2010 Best Training Innovation are just two of the awards that goFLUENT has received.
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
How Does Someone Get Certified at goFLUENT?
Get hired via a series of telephone interviews, and then you can begin training using their technology and tools.
What Are the Computer/Equipment Requirements?
The technical requirements are:
- High-speed Internet access
- PC with Windows XP or higher or MAC with 10.5 or higher
- Corded landline phone
- Quiet workspace
Are You Considered an Independent Contractor or an Employee?
In the beginning, goFLUENT hired everyone working at home as an independent contractor. Then with more Fortune 500 Companies coming onboard as clients, goFLUENT now only hires part-time individuals to work as employees. This is how goFLUENT assures the Fortune 500 Companies that their trainers are trained and have met their high standards.
Even though you will be working at home, goFLUENT is not currently hiring in all states. As the company continues to grow, it probably will begin hiring in more states. Check the web site before applying.
Depending upon your location, you may need to sign a two-year contract to be able to work.
What is the Pay Scale?
While the company does not disclose the pay for their trainers, it is equally comparable to similar jobs at companies like Idapted and ISpeakUSpeak or even comparable to those just beginning their teaching careers.
When is Payday at goFLUENT?
Payday is once a month via direct deposit.
What is My Overall Impression of goFLUENT?
My overall impression of goFLUENT is good. There are positive reviews written about the company’s approach to learning as well as how it hires and trains its employees.
Benefits of Working for goFLUENT
- Flexible Schedule: goFLUENT often provide flexible schedules to their employees, especially if they’re teaching. This can be a significant benefit for those who need to balance personal commitments with work.
- Remote Work: Many roles are comfortably performed remotely, which offers the convenience and flexibility of working from home or anywhere with a reliable internet connection.
- International Exposure: Working for goFLUENT provides opportunities to interact with people from various cultures and backgrounds, which could be personally and professionally enriching.
- Continuous Learning: There are plenty of opportunities for professional development and continuous learning, including gaining proficiency in new languages, teaching techniques, and cultural competency skills.
- Career Advancement Opportunities: As the company is growing, there could be opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Job Satisfaction: There can be a high level of job satisfaction in helping others learn a new language and achieve their personal or professional goals.
How Can an Interested Applicant Apply?
It is important to check the job board, because even though goFLUENT is hiring, they are not always hiring in certain states. However, if they are hiring in your state, and you meet the above requirements and want to work in a challenging and international company–goFLUENT invites you to apply.
Or you may also send a resume with a cover letter to [email protected].
Good luck to each and every work-at-homer who applies.
- TicketPuller.com Review Part 2
- Review of AnswerGem.com
- Needle.com Review 2023: Is It a Legit Work at Home Job?
- Review of Writing Site: Scripted.com
- ReviewStream.com Review: Can You Make Money Reviewing Products?
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!