Review of Walmart Savings Catcher App
Updated on: by FStewart
I avoid Walmart like the plague. I just don’t like to go there. I can usually save enough money matching coupons to sales at Kroger or just shopping at Aldi. I can avoid it, most of the time. I know, I know, they do price matching. But I always found it tedious to figure that all out. Now, however, Walmart has the Savings Catcher app that has revolutionized shopping at their store, in my opinion. Strangely, I had never heard of it until Miranda mentioned to me and asked if I was interested in writing a review. I said I was, and the rest is history.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
What Does the Walmart Savings Catcher App Do?
Walmart Savings Catcher app is designed to “catch” the savings you would have had had you shopped with a competitor. Basically, it is price matching but much, much easier. You scan your receipt from your Walmart shopping trip with your phone and the app finds cheaper prices from competitors in your area, giving you back the difference.
How Do You Get Your Money?
You get the difference back in your “account” that you can cash out to a Walmart e-gift card that they will email to you. You can save your balance up and cash it out as a large amount at Christmas time or another special occasion if you want. What a great way to save for holidays and special occasions!
Does It Work?
Yes. It does. The Walmart Savings Catcher App can take up to 72 hours for all of the competitors to be found and prices to be compared, but it definitely works. I shopped on Friday and scanned my receipt as soon as I got to my car. My total was around $245 due to the fact that we had just returned from vacation and needed pretty much everything. Scanning the receipt into the app was super easy. Early Tuesday morning I had notice in my email and from the app that I had $5.09 waiting for me. I hit the cash out button and within a few minutes I had my e-gift card.
Note: It DID say they couldn’t do it right now the first two times I tried to cash out, and it said to try again in an hour. The first two times were before 7 in the morning so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it or not, but the third time was a charm, so don’t give up if you get the same message.
What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t one. It will actually really make me more likely to go to Walmart as it IS easier and I will not worry about missing sales somewhere else. It is the best of both worlds. Of course anything that is the Walmart brand that you buy will not count, as that brand isn’t sold by competitors anyway, but for brand names you are set.
Is it for both Android and iPhone?
Yes. The Walmart Savings Catcher app is available for both Android and Apple Smart Phones. You can find it for free in your Google Play store or iTunes by searching “Walmart Savings Catcher”.
The Walmart Savings Catcher App isn’t a way to make money from home really, but it is definitely another way to save. After a fair amount builds you could use the funds to further reduce your next grocery bill or to help buy school clothes or anything else. Of course the amount of savings will vary greatly from region to region and even shopping trip to shopping trip, but the app definitely works. There will likely be bugs as with all apps, but in my opinion, it appears to be pretty genius.
- How to Get Walmart Free Samples & Free Stuff: Top 9 Ways
- 25 Deals Sites Like Groupon to Score the Best Savings in 2022
- 8 High-Yield Checking and Savings Account for Free Cash
- Our Ten Favorite Extra Cash Online Gigs
- 13 Best Apps That Pay You to Shop In-Store and Online!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!