I avoid Walmart like the plague. I just don’t like to go there. I can usually save enough money matching coupons to sales at Kroger or just shopping at Aldi. I can avoid it, most of the time. I know, I know, they do price matching. But I always found it tedious to figure that all out. Now, however, Walmart has the Savings Catcher app that has revolutionized shopping at their store, in my opinion. Strangely, I had never heard of it until Miranda mentioned to me and asked if I was interested in writing a review. I said I was, and the rest is history.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
What Does the Walmart Savings Catcher App Do?
Walmart Savings Catcher app is designed to “catch” the savings you would have had had you shopped with a competitor. Basically, it is price matching but much, much easier. You scan your receipt from your Walmart shopping trip with your phone and the app finds cheaper prices from competitors in your area, giving you back the difference.
How Do You Get Your Money?
You get the difference back in your “account” that you can cash out to a Walmart e-gift card that they will email to you. You can save your balance up and cash it out as a large amount at Christmas time or another special occasion if you want. What a great way to save for holidays and special occasions!
Does It Work?
Yes. It does. The Walmart Savings Catcher App can take up to 72 hours for all of the competitors to be found and prices to be compared, but it definitely works. I shopped on Friday and scanned my receipt as soon as I got to my car. My total was around $245 due to the fact that we had just returned from vacation and needed pretty much everything. Scanning the receipt into the app was super easy. Early Tuesday morning I had notice in my email and from the app that I had $5.09 waiting for me. I hit the cash out button and within a few minutes I had my e-gift card.
Note: It DID say they couldn’t do it right now the first two times I tried to cash out, and it said to try again in an hour. The first two times were before 7 in the morning so I don’t know if that had anything to do with it or not, but the third time was a charm, so don’t give up if you get the same message.
What’s the Catch?
There really isn’t one. It will actually really make me more likely to go to Walmart as it IS easier and I will not worry about missing sales somewhere else. It is the best of both worlds. Of course anything that is the Walmart brand that you buy will not count, as that brand isn’t sold by competitors anyway, but for brand names you are set.
Is it for both Android and iPhone?
Yes. The Walmart Savings Catcher app is available for both Android and Apple Smart Phones. You can find it for free in your Google Play store or iTunes by searching “Walmart Savings Catcher”.
The Walmart Savings Catcher App isn’t a way to make money from home really, but it is definitely another way to save. After a fair amount builds you could use the funds to further reduce your next grocery bill or to help buy school clothes or anything else. Of course the amount of savings will vary greatly from region to region and even shopping trip to shopping trip, but the app definitely works. There will likely be bugs as with all apps, but in my opinion, it appears to be pretty genius.
- Our Ten Favorite Extra Cash Online Gigs
- 20 Best Free Coupon Apps for Stores, Restaurants, Groceries, and More
- How to Get Walmart Free Samples & Free Stuff: Top 9 Ways
- Best 22 Online Coupon Sites For 2017: Save Money Shopping Online!
- SavingStar Pays You to Shop!
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada