AccuTran Global has been providing transcription services to people all around the world since 2002.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- OpinionCity: The internet’s Best Paid Surveys are here. Make up to $100 per survey completed. Join OpinionCity Now
Transcripts from audio and video files are prepared by all sorts of transcribers who work from home.
Perhaps you could be one of them.
There’s a whole world of entities out there looking to find great people who can transcribe meetings and speeches for them.
Let’s look at what AccuTran Global has to offer and to see if it’s right for you.
AccuTran Global is a transcription service provider based out of Vancouver.
It has several freelance transcription positions.
I found that the site hires transcribers from the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
I know that the business was formed in 2002 and that it specializes in transcription services but I couldn’t find much else about it.
I decided to look at what reviews people are leaving about the site to get a better idea of what this place is about but even that was a challenge.
Reviews From People
I had a tough time trying to get reviews on AccuTran Global online.
I can’t find anything about it on the BBB.
Also, I tried to find listings for AccuTran Global on employment websites.
Freelancer.com came up with nothing except for a bunch of stuff from others that appear to use the AccuTran name.
How to Sign Up
You can join AccuTran Global by going on the main website and downloading an application through a Word file.
You’ll have to visit TypingTest.com to complete a test to see how quickly you can type words in a minute.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
You might want to train well enough so you can regularly type 70 words per minute.
The site won’t take anyone who cannot do that.
You can cut and paste the results of your test and put it on your application.
You must then fill out the entire application included in that Word file.
You’ll have to complete a transcription test and a separate spelling and punctuation test among others.
You’ll have a better chance at getting employed if you can complete the tests properly.
Send the application to the proper email address with the right subject matter and you’re on your way.
You should be contacted within six weeks about whether you have been accepted or not.
Jobs To Do
The transcription jobs you can complete through AccuTran Global will be sent to you based on your availability and what tasks are open.
There’s no guarantee you’re going to get full-time work here but the flow of work can be consistent.
What will you transcribe?
You’ll transcribe things like conference calls, panel discussions, basic business meetings and focus groups among other things.
These are professional conversations that have to be transcribed for record-keeping purposes.
You could find editing and real-time writing jobs too. Just keep looking around the site to see what’s open.
You’ll probably spend 60 to 90 minutes an individual task.
You might even be asked to transcribe one part of a task while someone else does the other part.
I wasn’t able to figure out if you’d be in contact with the other person you would transcribe things with though.
When Would You Work?
You’ll probably spend much of your work from 8am to 1:30pm Eastern and 4pm to 7:30pm Eastern.
You will be required to work Thursdays as that’s the busiest day of the week.
Most work comes from Tuesdays to Friday mornings although you could be asked for help at any time.
You’re more likely to work during a few particular busy periods too.
You could work from mid-January to mid-March for the most part alongside one month each in the spring, summer and fall.
Check your availability when applying for work with AccuTran Global so you can be contacted at times when you can actually work.
Is This Right For You?
Is it a good idea to work with AccuTran Global? Here are a few questions you should ask yourself:
- Are you capable of trying quickly?
- Can you manage a deadline?
- Are you great at understanding complicated words?
- How well can you identify what people are saying? This includes cases where people might have accents.
- Are you accurate in your work?
If you said yes to any of these questions then you should strongly consider AccuTran Global when looking for a great job.
What Can Sign Up
You must be at least 18 years old to sign up.
How Are You Paid?
I found that you’ll be paid by AccuTran Global based on the work you do.
You’ll typically get $0.005 per word for a basic project.
That $2.50 for every 500 words you write.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
That could add up depending on how much work you complete.
You could be paid as much as $0.0066 per word for a project.
This is for more experienced transcribers who can handle more complicated or foreign transcripts.
You’ll get a 20 percent bonus on projects involving foreign calls from non-English speaking countries.
You can get another 20 percent bonus if you work on a call that entails lots of technical terms.
Better check on how well you know technology or science or other complex things.
You will get $50 as a reimbursement for training if you earn $2,000 within six months.
Also, you’ll get a check or wire transfer on the 15th of each month.
You’ll be paid for whatever you did in the prior month.
What Do You Need At Home?
You’re clearly going to need a computer with Windows 10 and quality over-ear headphones.
Don’t get earbuds as they won’t do any good.
You could use the company’s software on a Mac with the Parallels Desktop.
It’s easier to use it on Windows 10 though.
Don’t forget to think about how well you can handle terms and things people say.
You’ll love this job if you have a good ear for things.
Is This Great?
You will have plenty of work with AccuTran Global depending on the time of year.
You’ll have a variety of jobs to work with at times that are right for you.
Do check on your availability though.
AccuTran Global is great for you to consider working for if you want to enjoy a great job at home.
You’ll enjoy transcribing things and getting paid for your work.
- Work from Home as a Customer Service Representative for Expert Global Solutions
- Get Paid to Video Review and Sample Products with Expo TV
- OnlineVerdict Review 2019: Get Paid $60 or More as an Online Juror
- Get Paid to Do Voiceovers with Voices.com
- Bounty It- Get Paid for Being Creative!
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.