Finding the perfect work at home job can seem overwhelming because there are so many options available.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Something everyone wants to find is a job that they can have fun with and enjoy – in other words, something that doesn’t feel like work!
Usability testing could be one of those options for you that’s a good blend of work and fun, and it’s great for those who aren’t looking for something full-time.
Usability testing refers to helping website and app developers learn how user-friendly their creations are.
You’ll visit a site or use an app and provide feedback based on any bugs you encountered, how easy or difficult a site or app is to navigate, and other important information developers will want to know.
TestingTime.com is one of several sites that lets you do this kind of work, so we’re sharing everything you need to know about the company in this review.
What is TestingTime?
TestingTime is a company founded in 2015 and located in Switzerland, although it helps clients all over the world.
The company focuses on usability testing and market research.
Unlike other usability testing sites, TestingTime offers more than just website and app testing.
It also has opportunities for you to get paid through focus groups, one-on-one interviews, online surveys, diary studies, workshops, and more.
In each study, you’ll share your opinions, but in very different ways.
It all depends on what the client needs from consumers like you.
Who Can Join TestingTime?
To become a paid tester for TestingTime, you must be at least 18 years old and have a valid email address.
I can’t find any specific information on countries TestingTime accepts, so I assume you can sign up from any country.
However, most of the tests appear to be for English-speaking clients, so it’s safe to assume that TestingTime usually works with English-speaking testers who can read and speak English fluently.
How to Join TestingTime
To join TestingTime, you’ll need to head to the sign up page and click the Become a Paid Test User button.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
You’ll fill out a form that should take no longer than five minutes to complete.
Once the company goes over your profile and makes sure you look like a good fit, you’ll get an email invitation to take part in a test.
You’ll be able to pick a date and time that works with your schedule for your test.
Complete the test and you’ll get paid within 10 days.
The tests will usually take place via Skype, but if you live near a client, you may be asked to participate in a test in person.
Once your registration and test job are approved, you should receive login information from TestingTime to get you signed up and in the system to receive jobs.
How to Make Money with TestingTime
As I mentioned, there are several ways to make money with TestingTime, including:
- Usability tests: These are the website and app tests that similar companies offer. You’ll be given a set of instructions and an app or website to visit. Follow the instructions and speak your thoughts as you complete each step to provide feedback.
- Focus groups: Focus groups are very in-depth surveys that may take place online or in person. Depending on the study, a focus group could last a couple of hours to a few days.
- Interviews: These one-on-one interviews take place in person or over Skype. They involve a client asking you, the consumer, to give feedback on a specific product, service, idea, etc.
- Workshops: Workshops are in-person events for you and other testers to offer your feedback on a product or service that you get to use. These are primarily focused on the consumer experience.
- Diary studies: Diary studies involve you using a product or service and jotting down your daily thoughts and experiences with it.
- Online surveys: Online surveys can be short or long, depending on the subject, and are helpful for clients performing market research on a product or service.
How Does TestingTime Pay?
TestingTime pays different rates for each of its different projects.
The rate relates to the time and complexity of the task.
For example, online surveys will likely pay the least because they’re the quickest tasks.
Usability tests usually won’t take you more than 20 to 30 minutes, either, so they won’t pay as much as a focus group or diary study that will take longer and be more in-depth.
TestingTime states that most tasks will last between 30 and 90 minutes and equate to up to € 50 per hour, or about $56 per hour.
When you sign up, you can choose to get paid via PayPal or with a direct deposit to your bank account.
You should receive your payment within 10 business days from completing any project and getting it approved, so there’s no minimum cash-out amounts to worry about.
Pros and Cons of TestingTime
Since I haven’t tried TestingTime myself, I combed through several reviews to see what other testers have had to say about the platform.
Pro: Good Pay
One resoundingly common praise for TestingTime is that the pay is good for what you do.
Most tasks won’t take you longer than a couple of hours and you can get paid between $50 and $60 per hour, which is much more than similar sites pay.
No, you won’t make a full-time income here because the tasks can be few and far between.
But for taking a little time out of your day to help, you can make some decent extra income.
Pro: Fun, Varying Tasks
There’s not just one way to make money with TestingTime – there are several.
If you live in a large metro area, you are likely to qualify for in-person tasks like workshops and focus groups, giving you even more opportunities to earn.
But even if you’re in a more rural area where these aren’t available, you can still do internet-based tasks, like interviews, surveys, and usability tests to make money.
Con: Lots of Time Spent Qualifying
I’ve noticed several people saying they spend a lot of time – sometimes hours – answering qualifying questions before they get accepted into studies.
Unfortunately, a lot of them also say that they never even get to make it to the full study after spending all that time qualifying.
That means a lot of unpaid time without ever having the promise of getting paid for the full study.
It’s normal for you to have to qualify for online surveys by spending a few minutes answering questions, but the fact that several people mention having to spend much more time than that qualifying without getting paid is concerning.
Con: Some Members Never Hear Anything About Registration
Some reviewers also mention that they registered for the site but, months later, still have yet to hear anything back from TestingTime.
TestingTime doesn’t make it clear on its website what it does with applications from people who don’t fit what they need at that time.
I’m not sure if they send an email declining them or don’t send anything at all, but I’m assuming it’s the later.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
If you don’t hear anything after a few weeks, you can always contact the company to check on your application.
Testing Time Review: Is It Legit or a Scam?
TestingTime is a legitimate website that does pay, although I wouldn’t count on it as a steady source of income.
Instead, use it for what it is: a site that gives you the opportunity to share your opinions occasionally and get paid for them.
You might even get to meet new people along the way with focus groups, workshops, and other in-person meetings.
Have you tried TestingTime? We’d love to hear your thoughts about your experience, payments, and any issues you might have encountered. Leave us a comment!
- Earn $10 or More an Hour as a SiteStaff Chat Agent
- Bukisa- Earn Money Online Sharing and Creating
- How I Earn $20 an Hour with Demand Media TQA
- Work from Home at American Express : Earn Up To $28 Per Hour With Benefits!
- uTest.com- Earn Money Testing Software
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!