If you’ve used rewards sites like Swagbucks and InboxDollars in the past, then you know that they absolutely can be a fun way to bring in some extra money with online tasks.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
But there are probably thousands of these sites floating around the web, so you don’t want to waste time trying to figure out which are legit and which are scams or not worth your time.
Unique Rewards is another rewards site that you might have heard of but haven’t gotten around to trying yet.
Fortunately for you, I’m going to save you some time with this review, which is filled with information about the site, what it offers, how it pays, and whether it’s a worthwhile opportunity for making some extra cash.
What Is Unique Rewards?
Unique Rewards is a rewards site, sometimes also known as a Get Paid To (GPT) site that offers several methods of making money online.
The site’s been around since 2003, but if I’m being honest, the website design looks like it’s stuck in the 90s!
Still, we know that web design isn’t the most important factor in deciding whether a site’s legit; it’s more about the content and what it has to offer.
At first glance, it seems like Unique Rewards does have a lot to offer in the form of making money from quick internet tasks you do every day anyway, like reading emails and signing up for offers.
Who Can Join Unique Rewards?
You must be at least 18 years old to join Unique Rewards, or 13 with parental permission.
You must also be eligible to receive payments with PayPal and need to reside within the United Kingdom, United States, or Canada.
How to Make Money with Unique Rewards
Unique Rewards offers several ways to make money online, including:
- Paid surveys: Answer questions with your opinions in online surveys to earn cash.
- Clicking ads: When you click on ads on the Unique Rewards site, the company gets more money from advertisers. Therefore, you can earn a little extra for helping it out!
- Watching videos: Watch videos, usually in the form of trailers and advertisements, to get paid.
- Listening to music/radio: Unique Rewards has paid radio on its website where you can listen to your favorite tunes and get cash the longer you listen.
- Reading emails: Unique Rewards sends several emails a day to members with information about offers and its advertisers. When you click the email link, you’ll get a few cents.
- Completing offers: This is where the big money is on the site. Cash offers are offer from advertisers that you can sign up for to earn money. Some will be free while others are for trials or require a purchase.
- Cash back shopping: Shop online with your favorite retailers to get cash back into your Unique Rewards account.
- Referring friends: The site has a pretty good referral system where you can earn extra cash from everything your referred members make in addition to your own earnings.
How Much Can I Make with Unique Rewards?
Every task on Unique Rewards pays a different amount, which usually depends on their complexity.
For example, clicking on ads usually only pays a few cents. So does reading your paid emails from the company.
However, signing up for offers that require a purchase will pay the most since you’re actually paying something to get them.
But if it’s something you want to buy anyway, it might be worth it to sign up, pay for the product or service, and get some money back through Unique Rewards.
Referrals can also bring in a good chunk of change if you have a lot of them.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Each referral on Unique Rewards gives you $5, which is much more than most other sites pay.
Your referral has to reach $20 of their own first before you get credited, but that shouldn’t be too difficult if they stay active.
You’ll also get $1 when your referral completes their first offer.
Then, you’ll continue getting 10% of your referrals’ earnings for life, as long as you both remain active.
Taking surveys can pay you up to $1 or more, depending on their length.
When you shop online, you can earn up to 35% cash back on your purchases.
The rest of the tasks on the site pay pretty low – a few cents each – but if you do them frequently, it all adds up.
Now, remember that this is just a rewards site, not a get-rich-quick site.
You won’t, by any means, make hundreds of dollars here per month.
The rates just aren’t high enough and, from my research, there’s not a lot of offers, surveys, and other tasks to go around for everyone.
How You’ll Get Paid
You need at least $20 in your account to cash out.
Then, you can request your payment and Unique Rewards will pay you to your PayPal account or with a check.
Your first payment may be by check to ensure that you live in an allowed country (USA, UK, or Canada), but then subsequent payments can be through PayPal.
Unique Rewards pays members every for anything requested the previous weeks.
What is Gold Membership?
Unique Rewards also has something called a Gold Membership, which you can automatically reach when you hit $20 in your account.
Gold Membership is free and gives you the chance to get higher payments on the tasks you do on the site.
In other words, it’s kind of Unique Rewards’ way of thanking you for being an active member.
Unique Rewards: Pros and Cons
Unique Rewards, like any other GPT site, has its ups and downs.
Here are some of the pros and cons of Unique Rewards to help you decide whether it’s right for you:
Pro: A Lot of Ways to Earn
I personally love GPT sites that have a lot of earning methods because:
- It’s easier to not get bored because I won’t be doing the same things over and over again, and
- It’s easier to make money when there are plenty of tasks to choose from.
Unique Rewards definitely offers a good variety of tasks so that everyone can find something that appeals to them.
Pro: PayPal Payments
Unique Rewards lets you choose between checks and PayPal for your payments, but we all know PayPal is usually must faster than waiting for a check to arrive in the mail.
I usually won’t use a site at all if it doesn’t offer PayPal as a payment method unless it has other awesome benefits.
Pro: Good Referral Program
The referral program here is pretty great.
The only thing I don’t like about it is that you have to wait until a referral makes $20 to get your bonus rather than getting paid every time you sign someone up.
However, I know that Unique Rewards puts this stipulation in place to prevent people from signing up fake memberships.
You still get $1 when someone completes their first offer plus a $5 bonus when they hit $20 and then 10% of all their earnings, which is a great pay structure.
Con: Low Pay for Some Tasks
Unique Rewards does have a lot of tasks that pay pretty low, including most of its surveys, listening to the radio, and clicking on ads.
But when you have some time to spare, all that spare change can still add up, I suppose.
Join Opinion Outpost, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash and gift cards for your opinion. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Con: Horrible BBB Rating
When we research sites for our reviews, one of the places we always look is the Better Business Bureau (BBB) to see what people say about a company or site.
Unique Rewards isn’t accredited with the BBB, but it still has a big old F rating, which isn’t a good sign.
The company has several complaints against it, mostly having to do with payment issues.
On the plus side, Unique Rewards does respond to its complaints, but it doesn’t seem to really address any members’ concerns over their payments.
In fact, the responder seems a little argumentative.
Con: Will You Actually Get Paid?
It’s not just the BBB site that has complaints about Unique Rewards not paying.
I’ve also seen similar comments on review sites like SiteJabber, where members relate Unique Rewards to a scam because they’ve waited on their payments for weeks or months.
It’s not really clear what the issue is with some members’ accounts, as others say that they haven’t had an issue with payments.
How Do I Join Unique Rewards?
If you want to sign up for Unique Rewards to try it out for yourself, you can head to the homepage and click the Sign Up Now! button.
I do think you should read through the FAQ section first by clicking the link on the bottom of the site, as it has a lot of helpful information about how everything works and some important rules about using Unique Rewards.
Once you sign up, you’ll receive an extra 10% earnings for everything you earn for your first two days.
UniqueRewards Review: Is It a Legit Way to Make Money or a Scam?
Unique Rewards is 50/50, in my opinion.
Some members have received several payments with no problem; others say they’re awaiting their first payment.
It does seem like the payment issue has only been something that’s happened more recently with Unique Rewards.
I also saw on the company’s BBB responses that it’s in the process of switching banks, which could be a potential challenge with payments.
However, it’s absolutely the company’s responsibility to make sure every member gets paid on time, regardless of what Unique Rewards is doing on its end – and it doesn’t seem to be upholding that responsibility.
I wouldn’t call Unique Rewards a scam, but would I spend a lot of time there over other GPT sites?
I’ll stick to places like Swagbucks that continuously pay on time for everything I earn.
Have you tried Unique Rewards? We’d love to hear whether you’ve gotten paid and what you like/dislike about it – leave a comment down below!
- Best Way to Make 60 Dollars Fast Using One Money-Making Site!
- FlexJobs Review: Is This Job Search Site Worth Paying For Each Month?
- Kellogg’s Rewards Program
- Earn Using Bing Rewards
- 15 Other Websites Like Swagbucks That Pay Cash and Rewards
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!