Have you been writing online content? If so, or if you are naturally a talented writer, then Skyword may be something you should add to your work at home job list. I enjoy writing online content. But writing for sites like Textbroker just leaves me with little to showcase and wondering where my hard work ends up. The idea of writing for top brands sounds very rewarding and self-satisfying. Which is why I am working on my writing samples to apply as a Crafts and Activities writer for Bounty (the paper towels) through Skyword.com. (word has it they are currently hiring writers!)
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Who is Skyword?
Skyword is a site, like many others, who act as a middle man for writers. Skyword does the work of finding paying clients that are looking for writers to create content for their websites. The writers give the clients what they are looking for in exchange for a fair wage. Skyword has several high-quality clients, including Bounty, Pampers, Daily Glow and more. You can apply for each of the clients they have available. Each one has different topics to cover. For example, if you apply to write for the Bounty website you can choose one or more of their topics, including Arts & Crafts, Food Safety and Clean House.
What does Skyword and Gather Have in Common?
Researching Skyword often leads to information about Gather. At first I could not understand what the two had in common. I finally realized they are simply sister companies. Gather is a social networking company that pays for your efforts. They also offer writing opportunities at Gather. I believe you may also often find overlapping of Gather and Skyword. I think they sort of feed off each other and together they are succeeding.
Do You Have to Be an Experienced Writer to Apply for Skyword?
If you do not have experience then you absolutely should have a natural ability to write well. If you are interested in writing then I always suggest starting at Textbroker. After you gain some experience and understanding of what is expected then it is time to apply for companies like Skyword.
What and How Does Skyword Pay?
Skyword pays differently depending on the company you are writing with. Skyword is completely open about the pay range and it is given to you as you sign up. Here is a breakdown of the current rates (as of the date of this post):
- Bounty pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- iBoom pays $40 per published article and there is a 1 month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- Daily Glow pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- Gather does not pay per article but rather a 1-month time of performance pay for page-views.
- Impermedia does not pay per article but rather a 1-month time of performance pay for page-views.
- Pampers pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
A recent newsletter sent out by Skyword announced they will begin making payments twice a month in July, rather than the current once a month payment. Skyword said in their newsletter:
“Beginning in July you will receive payments for the first half of the month on the last business day of each month. We’ll send payments for the second half of the month on the 15th of the next month.”
Skyword pays via PayPal only.
How Can I Write for Top Brands at Skyword?
Writing for Skyword will include choosing a brand you are interested in, I believe you can go back and apply for as many as you like. Applying for Bounty includes sharing my writing background, why I feel qualified for the particular program and why I am qualified. The second part includes giving a writing sample related to the topic I chose. You simply then must wait for a review of your application and Skyword will contact you if qualify! Some of the programs may require a minimum monthly submission, such as Bounty requiring 10 articles a month but they only need to be 200-400 words in length! Seems to be a great opportunity!
- What happens if you article is not accepted by Skyword or their client?
Does Skyword pay via PayPal?
- Do you choose your own article topics or choose from a pool?
- Do you have a dedicated editor?
Do you know the answer to any of these questions? Please share!
Review of Gather.com : http://www.wahadventures.com/2011/06/balancing-response-guest-poster-erica-martin.html
- Gather- Earn Money While Socializing
- Write Travel Articles for These 5 Companies as a Freelancer
- How to Write for the Yahoo! Contributor Network
- BrightHub – Write Online Content
- Associated Content – Writers
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada