Have you been writing online content? If so, or if you are naturally a talented writer, then Skyword may be something you should add to your work at home job list. I enjoy writing online content. But writing for sites like Textbroker just leaves me with little to showcase and wondering where my hard work ends up. The idea of writing for top brands sounds very rewarding and self-satisfying. Which is why I am working on my writing samples to apply as a Crafts and Activities writer for Bounty (the paper towels) through Skyword.com. (word has it they are currently hiring writers!)
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Who is Skyword?
Skyword is a site, like many others, who act as a middle man for writers. Skyword does the work of finding paying clients that are looking for writers to create content for their websites. The writers give the clients what they are looking for in exchange for a fair wage. Skyword has several high-quality clients, including Bounty, Pampers, Daily Glow and more. You can apply for each of the clients they have available. Each one has different topics to cover. For example, if you apply to write for the Bounty website you can choose one or more of their topics, including Arts & Crafts, Food Safety and Clean House.
What does Skyword and Gather Have in Common?
Researching Skyword often leads to information about Gather. At first I could not understand what the two had in common. I finally realized they are simply sister companies. Gather is a social networking company that pays for your efforts. They also offer writing opportunities at Gather. I believe you may also often find overlapping of Gather and Skyword. I think they sort of feed off each other and together they are succeeding.
Do You Have to Be an Experienced Writer to Apply for Skyword?
If you do not have experience then you absolutely should have a natural ability to write well. If you are interested in writing then I always suggest starting at Textbroker. After you gain some experience and understanding of what is expected then it is time to apply for companies like Skyword.
What and How Does Skyword Pay?
Skyword pays differently depending on the company you are writing with. Skyword is completely open about the pay range and it is given to you as you sign up. Here is a breakdown of the current rates (as of the date of this post):
- Bounty pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- iBoom pays $40 per published article and there is a 1 month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- Daily Glow pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
- Gather does not pay per article but rather a 1-month time of performance pay for page-views.
- Impermedia does not pay per article but rather a 1-month time of performance pay for page-views.
- Pampers pays $10 per published article and there is a 12-month time of performance pay for page-views as well.
A recent newsletter sent out by Skyword announced they will begin making payments twice a month in July, rather than the current once a month payment. Skyword said in their newsletter:
“Beginning in July you will receive payments for the first half of the month on the last business day of each month. We’ll send payments for the second half of the month on the 15th of the next month.”
Skyword pays via PayPal only.
How Can I Write for Top Brands at Skyword?
Writing for Skyword will include choosing a brand you are interested in, I believe you can go back and apply for as many as you like. Applying for Bounty includes sharing my writing background, why I feel qualified for the particular program and why I am qualified. The second part includes giving a writing sample related to the topic I chose. You simply then must wait for a review of your application and Skyword will contact you if qualify! Some of the programs may require a minimum monthly submission, such as Bounty requiring 10 articles a month but they only need to be 200-400 words in length! Seems to be a great opportunity!
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!
- What happens if you article is not accepted by Skyword or their client?
Does Skyword pay via PayPal?
- Do you choose your own article topics or choose from a pool?
- Do you have a dedicated editor?
Do you know the answer to any of these questions? Please share!
Review of Gather.com : https://www.wahadventures.com/2011/06/balancing-response-guest-poster-erica-martin.html
- Write Travel Articles for These 5 Companies as a Freelancer
- Write Articles and Answer Questions on Knoji
- Ghostbloggers- A Real Place to Write
- BrightHub – Write Online Content
- Jumping Into The World Of Writing
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.