Day 5 of the 30 days blogging series will show you how to get started on Blogger. Previously I gave you something to think about– whether you want to begin your blogging career on blogger or WordPress. If you have chosen Blogger, then get ready! If you are going with WordPress then stand still, I will show you how to get started at Self-Hosted WordPress in a future post.
Step 1. Visit Blogger.com and Register by clicking on the Red Sign-Up Button in the top right corner.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
Step 2. Hit the New Blog button to get started!
Step 3: Naming your blog and choosing your style
Did you choose your domain name already? Enter your blog name here. You will get a free domain name that will be your blog name with .blogspot.com attached to it. If you have purchased a domain name per my previous instructions then I will show you how to set it up at a later step.
Choosing your blog template style is the next part of this step. However, it is not anything to be too worried over, you will most likely change this later. Browse through your few choices (there are more to choose from later) and go ahead and choose one that suits your style for now.
I am going with the Simple template for now.
Step 4: Make a Post!
After you hit the Create Blog button on the previous step you will return to the Blogger Dashboard where Blogger will prompt you to make a post. I know things are not truly ready yet. But now is a good time to create your first welcome post. This will allow you to get a good feel for your blog.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Create a post title and write the text for your first post in the text box. Once you are finished, hit the Publish button. Don’t worry. If you want to come back and change or remove this post later, you can! No problems no worries :)!
Step 5. Preview your blog!
It will look pretty plain and possibly boring right now. But in Day 6 of the Blogging 101 series, I will walk you through some of your options for personalizing the look of your blog and give you a fair start as well as setting up your domain name if you purchased one.
I would love to see your first post! Share a link to your blog in the comments section and I will come by and comment!
Also, if you have yet to sign up for the WAHAdventures.com newsletter- sign up below to stay up to date!
- 15 Steps to Starting a Daycare Center in Your Home
- Blogging 101- Starting a WordPress Blog
- Blogger or WordPress?- Blogging 101- Day 2
- How to Find Guest Posters for Your Blog
- How to Add your Domain Name to Blogger- Blogging 101 Series
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!