- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
By Jess Weaver:
We all have those “Stressed to the Max” days. But, this was a really bad week for me.
I decided to completely let go of my Phone Job this week.
I was waking up every morning and dreading work-calling people and ‘converting’ them to what I was trying to ‘sell’ them.
Mind you, I actually enjoyed my phone job until they switched the projects on us, and we had no say in the change. (Seems pretty typical nowadays!)
So here I am without a main “Egg” to concentrate on.
I have been trying really hard to concentrate on the things that lie ahead and to not worry.
Easier said than done.
This stressful week taught me I need some ways to relieve stress.
The stress I was causing myself and my kids was not healthy. Although I see the effects of this week and I tell myself I will never let it happen again, I know it will. As a parent it is my job to not let my children see my desperate stressful moments. It is okay for them to see me stressed, but I never want them to see me as stressed as I was this week.
Ways to Relieve Some Stress
- Go into a different room. Sitting in front of the computer sulking will never help.
- Eat a piece of chocolate. Notice I said a piece, not a whole pan of brownies. 😉 Chocolate has been known to release positive endorphins.
- Call a friend. All of us “work at home people” need someone to talk to. Luckily, I have made some amazing friends through WAH Adventures and Real Ways to Earn Money Online. We are all going through the same issues, and we need a keyboard to cry on every now and again.
- Ask for help. There are many times when I just break down and ask for help. I am not a perfect person and I cannot do it on my own. I talk to God when I need that extra boost, but you can talk to your chair, carpet, or two year old- whatever your fancy. Talking is a great stress reliever.
- Take a walk. I just laughed out loud writing this because it is hard to get energized to take a walk or exercise. However, it is important. So get those sweet cheeks a’ walkin!
- Do not over do it. We all know we have bills to pay but stressing over the amount of money we are making is pointless. I started title editing for Demand Media today and made 15 bucks. I’m not rich but it is a start! Every penny counts but stressing over money does not count. Remember when YOU stress, your family also stresses.
Take my advice with a grain of salt. Someone please tell me what that quote even means, ;). This is a huge learning process for all of us. Let’s lean on each other.
Editors Note: Jess wrote this article several weeks back but it got lost in the mix. Since writing this she has found herself with more work than she can handle! Life has it’s twists and turns. If we wait long enough everything will pass and new problems will come! By accepting this, we can learn to enjoy life- through all of the bumpy roads.
- 4 Totally Random Points That Make Me Feel Better About Working at Home
- Ways To Relieve Work at Home Stress
- 4 Ways for Parents to Embrace The Summer Schedule Changes
- How to Deal with Depression While Working From Home
- Ways to Start Your Day Off Strong
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada