What is Support.com?
Support.com is a remote tech assistance service offered for a variety of clients. They offer support for computer programs such as anti-virus software and other general computer related assistance. They also offer sales support for a variety of retailers. Support.com only hires home based agents within the United States and Canada.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
What Are the Job Duties?
Support.com agents receive inbound sales calls and respond to customer inquiries. It seems while Support.com has a script to follow, they do expect you to go above and beyond the robotic script to assist customers fully. This would require you to have full knowledge of each product. It seems there is a lot of communication between agents and supervisors in order to provide the best service possible. There are mandatory team meetings that help with staying up to date and keeping communication alive. While this is a very positive attribute, it does mean this job requires complete dedication. It won’t be like some other call centers where you simply log in, do your job and never worry about participating in the growth of the company.
What Are the Qualifications?
How Flexible is the Schedule?
They are open 24/7 but the job is a FULL TIME position. They have set shifts and schedules. This is not as flexible as many work at home jobs and seems to be a set 40 hours a week. They do ask for your schedule preference and try to accommodate you the best they can. This is great for those looking for a steady work at home job!
What is the Pay Like at Support.com?
Support.com pays their agents an hourly rate of $9 and also offers a commission program! It has been reported that the top 30% of agents last year were making an extra $500-$700 a month in commissions. The pay is biweekly.
What Benefits are Offered?
Every work at home job has their obvious perks, no commute, no boss breathing down your neck and so forth. But what makes Support.com stand out from many other work-at-home companies is their benefits package! Not only is their a great commission plan but they offer medical benefits and a 401k plan!
What Do Others Say About Support.com?
There is a lengthy post at WorkPlakeLikeHome.com but you must register if you are not already a member in order to read it. But there are experienced and new agents there discussing the process of hiring and their personal opinions on Support.com.
How Do I Learn More and Apply?
Visit Support.com’s career page to see the details and how to apply.
If you have personal experience with Support.com please rate them below:
- XACT Telesolutions- Home Based Phone Job with Benefits!
- Sedgwick CMS- BEST benefits I have seen! (Phone Job)
- U-Haul- Great Benefits!
- Great Benefits Working for Uhaul From Home
- Work Around Your Schedule with Alorica (West) at Home Flexible Phone Job
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!