The Content Authority – Freelance Writing
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
I would first like to begin this post with a reminder that not every single job I post is one I have much experience with. Usually if I see something that is interesting enough for me to check out further, I will post it here. But always do your own research before applying for any job.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Alright, this post will most likely be in two parts as I was hoping to be accepted by this company before I wrote a review on them. However, they are taking a while to get back to me.
The Content Authority is another content mill that is pretty low in pay. However, they do have different ‘tiers’ that you can work your way toward to make more. But my favorite thing about The Content Authority is they pay WEEKLY! Some times I realize I need a little extra cash quick. These types of ‘eggs’ are nice to keep for those times an extra thirty bucks will make all the difference. It is also another stepping stone for writers like myself, working my way up into the world of professional writing.
So, just how low is the pay at The Content Authority? Well, I do believe starting off, a 400 word article can pay as low as a couple of dollars. Even once up in tiers it moves up to around $4. However, prices vary I am sure and until I am working for them I cannot say for sure.
The Content Authority is not a company I will be giving my complete focus to. But it will be an egg I keep warm for those days I need just a little more money! If you are like me and need more quick paying jobs available to you, check out their application page.
- Calling All Content Mill Writers: The Content Authority is Looking for You
- 5 Things to Know About the Freelance Writing World in 2012
- Writing for Constant Content
- Online Content Writing 101
- 5 Writing Sites Similar to Textbroker
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Click here to post a comment...
August 24, 2010 at 11:06 am
Do you know of any writing jobs that are similar to this where you can think of the topic of the article and do research on? Would be some much more fun! Or am i dreaming!!
August 24, 2010 at 9:49 pm
Yeah, Becky, there are companies that allow you to post whatever you want. I believe Associated Content is that way. Also, I just started with a company called Xomba. They pay 50% of ad revenue. None of those types of sites pay much, but it is a nice way to have articles published in your name and build up a portfolio or like you want, just to enjoy writing. But, if you simply enjoy writing, consider writing a blog. There are a lot of ways to make a little extra money from blogging.
September 17, 2010 at 12:54 pm
It was good to find out Content Authority pays weekly but it would be even better if the company paid more. Great post.
November 7, 2011 at 6:30 pm
The webpage cannot be found
November 7, 2011 at 7:25 pm
Thanks for reporting the broken link! I just fixed it or you can visit http://thecontentauthority.com/ if you would like. Thanks again!
December 22, 2011 at 10:58 am
Thanks for the review. Could you let your readers know about better paying sites?
December 22, 2011 at 8:17 pm
haha, yeah, I get ya there.
There are several listed, several more could be added though! Be watching for my newer posts, you will be happy to see some upfront pay (better than TCA) reviews coming through soon!