Guest Post By Barbie Carpenter
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
Many business professionals dream of working from home, eliminating lengthy commutes, avoiding irksome coworkers, and saving money on professional attire and gas. However, not every career presents a realistic work-from-home opportunity. Moreover, the careers that are effective in a work-from-home setting require dedication and hard work in order to thrive. Understand what careers can succeed in a work-from-home environment if you have the patience, persistence, and commitment.
Writers and editors often work independently, making this field a viable work-from-home one. Unless you dream of writing your own novels, however, you need clients in order for freelance writing and editing from home to succeed. There are a variety of choices in the field; it’s just a matter of finding your niche. You can write or edit content for the web, working for large content creators or developing content for private clients. You can write advertorial copy for local businesses or serve as a copy editor for students. Appeal to the needs of job seekers by writing or editing resumes and cover letters. The key to succeeding in this work-from-home field is having a variety of clients with different projects and deadlines.
Public Relations Consultant
Public relations specialists represent clients and often spend time out of the office working with the media, organizing and attending events, and managing client crises. A well-connected PR specialist can turn a job with a traditional firm into a work-from-home position. In order to succeed as PR consultant, you have to have experience and clients who will follow you. Launching a public relations career as an at-home endeavor at the start of your career likely will fail. However, a seasoned professional with a network of clients and media contacts can find success. Keep in mind, however, that much of your time will be spent out of the home, but you will be working out of a home office.
Medical transcription is a specific field but one with work-from-home potential. Medical transcriptionists compose medical reports based on recordings by physicians and other healthcare professionals. Earning a certificate in medical transcription arms you with the knowledge and experience you need to secure employment in this field. If you’re an accountant without experience, do not think you can simply decide to become a medical transcriptionist and work from home. If you have a healthcare background or experience in transcription, however, earning a certificate can be the first step toward a rewarding work-from-home career.
Transitioning to a work-from-home career takes courage. You leave the comfortable confines of an office and often a regular paycheck. Working from home comes with its share of challenges but offers advantages as well. Before you take the jump, however, ensure that your field offers a realistic work-from-home opportunity.
- Where to Find Work at Home Jobs in the Medical Field
- The 14 Best Stay at Home Jobs for Beginners To Start Your Home Careers Today!
- All Work at Home Jobs are Scams- Work at Home Myths
- Work at Home for UnitedHealth Group
- How Many Hours Do You Work from Home?
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!