- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
Working as an independent contractor can be a great way to work from home – it gives you the flexibility to set your own schedule so you can have more time to spend with your family, and in a lot of cases you also have more control over how much or how little you earn. But you also have to have the self-discipline to set a schedule and stick to it so you can accomplish your goals. This article will provide some tips for being successful when working as an independent contractor.
Know when your best time of day is to work
Some people are more productive in the morning, others are more productive in the afternoon or evening. Try to schedule your hours so you can work when you’re most productive – if you try to work at other times, you may not get as much done as you would like.
Know when the company you’re contracted with has the most work available
Though you may be more productive at certain times of day, there may be times when the company you’re contracted with has more work available. For example, some companies that hire independent contractors to do inbound phone work have a higher volume of calls at night, or on the weekends. If this is the case, you may want to try to schedule at least some of your hours during these times.
Know the product or service that your company provides
Independent contractors usually aren’t provided with formal training, but are given resources that they can consult to find out more about the products or services they’re promoting. Be sure to take advantage of these resources and study them thoroughly so you can answer any questions you might be asked. Also try doing a search online for additional information that might be useful to you.
Set your schedule, and try to stick to it as much as possible
Of course emergencies are going to come up at times – when they do, follow whatever procedure the company you’re contracted with has in place.
When you’re working, try not to let other distractions get in the way
If you’re afraid your children are going to be noisy, try to have a trusted friend or an older child take care of them so you can concentrate on your work. Turn the ringer off on your cell phone, if that’s possible. If you’re working a phone job and you have a few phones in the house, turn the ringer off on all the phones except the one you’re using for your work.
These are just a few tips to help you succeed as an independent contractor. If you work as an independent contractor and have other tips to share, I’d be interested to hear them.
- How Much Money To Set Aside for Income Taxes as an Independent Contractor
- 5 Tips for a Successful Career Change
- Independent Contractor? Here Are 65 Work from Home Jobs for You!
- Dangerous to Work at Home as an IC?
- Exercise Your Analytical Skills as an Expert Googler for Knurture
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!