Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
July. 8th, 2023 Update to ToneADay: Today, ToneADay has announced a changed in structure of their site. Instead of all users being paid 2 cents per rating for their contributions, now only the ‘elite’ will receive payment! Anyone else will simply earn points to try to work their way into this ‘elite’ group. Good luck to anyone who chooses to continue with ToneADay, I personally will not be going any further. I do not appreciate companies who make you jump through hoops. There are many other, more productive, ways to spend our time!
It is all about feelings today. ToneADay.com is a website dedicated to helping others understand the ‘tone’ their texts or emails portray. As an agent for ToneADay, you will be given a word or phrase and you tell them how it makes you feel. No real right or wrong answer, just choose your emotions about the word/phrase and collect $$$.
ToneADay is not going to make you rich. But at two cents for every feeling you share, the money adds up fairly quick. It is a great thing to do when you need a break, in between or during current projects you already have.
The pay is via PayPal. You will first respond to 100 words/phrases during the testing phase and make $2. You can then cash out. This will then put you into a new phase where you can cash out at $30, then at $20, at $10 and finally every time after $4.
One of my favorite things about ToneADay is that in order to cash out you are required to donate 10% of your earnings. When I cashed out the first time, I was offered to choose between two foundations, Kiva or American Red Cross. It is a nice way to ensure we all give back.
ToneADay seems to be a way to make a nice bit of side money for whatever reason. If you work on the phone, this would be great to do between calls. I like doing it when I need a break from writing. It is something that requires little mental attention and is done at any time of day, all week. Some people I know are spending all day collecting money. To learn more about Tone-A-Day and to get started sharing your feelings go to their website at http://ToneADay.com
You can also check out these sites similar to ToneADay:
- Grammarly: Grammarly is a popular writing assistant that not only checks grammar and spelling but also provides insights into the tone of your writing. It offers suggestions on how to adjust the tone to ensure clarity and effectiveness.
- Hemingway Editor: Hemingway Editor is a web-based tool that helps users analyze the readability and tone of their text. It highlights complex sentences, excessive adverbs, and other elements that may affect the overall tone. Hemingway Editor provides suggestions to simplify and improve the clarity of your writing.
- TOne Analyzer: TOne Analyzer is an IBM Watson-powered tool that analyzes the tone of a given text. It provides insights on emotions, writing style, and language tones such as joy, sadness, anger, and more. TOne Analyzer can help users understand the overall tone they convey in their written communication.
- Languagetool: LanguageTool is an open-source proofreading and grammar-checking tool. While it primarily focuses on grammar and spelling, it also offers suggestions for tone adjustment. LanguageTool can help users identify areas where their writing might sound too formal, informal, or unclear.
- Crystal: Crystal is a platform that uses personality analysis to help users understand and adapt their communication style. While Crystal primarily focuses on interpersonal communication, it can also be helpful for adjusting the tone of your written messages to better align with the recipient’s preferences.
Update: ToneADay now limits the number of phrases allowed to be rated per day to 500. That is still a potential of $10 per day. Additionally, ToneADay now pays out once a month.
- Need Extra Cash For The Holiday Season? My Suggestions:
- Make Money Online with What Users Do
- What Type of Writer Are You?
- Jumping Into The World Of Writing
- 7 Steps to a Freelance Career
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!