- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
A few months ago, I started doing a little transcription work for a company called TranscribeMe, which I found out about through a post on Real Ways to Earn Money Online. Though the workload is not very consistent at the moment, this site is a great site for people who are just breaking into transcription, because the audio files are short. This post will provide more information on TranscribeMe
How long are the audio files on TranscribeMe?
When I first joined TranscribeMe, the audio files were around 2 minutes in length, and there was no way to download them into a program lke ExpressScribe unless you downloaded a web downloader program, which I did, because it made transcribing the audios much easier in the beginning. However, now TranscribeMe has made their audios shorter – about 5-15 seconds in length, so it’s much easier to transcribe the audio just by listening to it using the player in the TranscribeMe workhub.
What kind of equipment will I need to do transcription on TranscribeMe?
Since most of the audio files are short, you won’t need a foot pedal or a text expander program, though you may still want to have a headset if you don’t want others to hear the audios you’re transcribing. Also, you’ll only be able to do work on the TranscribeMe website using the Google Chrome web browser, so be sure you have that installed.
How do I use TranscribeMe’s audio player to transcribe files?
It’s pretty easy to figure out how to use the audio player – the hotkeys are displayed to the right of the audio player, and the transcription guidelines are displayed to the right of the transcription area, though you may have to scroll to the right to see some of the sentences.
How good is the sound quality of the audios that I’ll be transcribing?
Audio sound quality varies from one project to the next, but keep in mind if you can’t understand something, there is a way to indicate that in the transcription.
What countries does TranscribeMe hire in?
TranscribeMe hires in all countries.
How are transcribers kept up to date on on changes taking place at TranscribeMe?
Once you sign up, you’ll be invited to create an account at a website called Yammer – this is the website that TranscribeMe uses to keep their transcribers up to date on changes at TranscribeMe. In addition, transcribers can also post any questions or concerns they have and the TranscribeMe staff will address them.
How much does TranscribeMe pay?
TranscribeMe is currently testing a new pay structure for their transcribers – they’re paying their transcribers $14 per audio hour, plus they’re paying bonuses of $2 per audio hour for loyalty, speed, and accuracy. So if you spend a little time transcribing files each week, and you can finish them quickly and transcribe them accurately, you have the opportunity to make up to $20 per audio hour.
When and how will I get paid?
Once you’ve reached at least $10, you’ll be paid via Paypal for all work completed. Payday is every Tuesday for work completed the previous Monday through Sunday.
How do I sign up at TranscribeMe?
All you have to do is go here and fill out a short form with some basic information such as your name, email address, and the country you live in. You’ll then be taken to a page where you’ll take a short test. You’ll find out right away after you complete the test how you did – if you pass, you’ll automatically be put in the system. If not, you will have the opportunity to retake the test a few times. Once you pass the test, I recommend reading over their style guide, and maybe keeping it handy when you’re transcribing for TranscribeMe. Please note, once you pass the test, you may not be able to start transcribing right away – when I first started, the workload was very low because several people had taken and passed the test, so they didn’t have enough work to go around – so they may now be putting people on a waiting list.
Join e-Poll, one of the few faithful and honest survey panels and earn cash - paid via PayPal - gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers.
The surveys are aimed at entertainment-related research, covering such things as personal TV watching habits, give feedback on new TV commercials or to review DVDs that are sent to your home.
For USA residents aged 13+. No hidden fees and completely free!
I hope this post has provided some useful information about TranscribeMe. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
- Become a Transcriptionist with Rev
- Types of Work at Home Transcription Jobs
- Speechpad – Online Transcription Work
- Transcription Tips
- Way With Words- Transcription, Proofreading and Captioning
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!