What Types of Home Based Jobs Are Offered by U-Haul?
U-Haul provides home based call center jobs in their sales, emergency hotline and the reservation department. As with all home based call center work, this requires a silent background during your working hours. Home based agents answer calls from general callers who have questions, need roadside assistance or would like to place a reservation for a U-Haul product.
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- MySurvey: Is known as #1 paid survey site. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC, Laptop, Tablet, Cell Phone or Mobile App. Join MySurvey Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
Is The Training Online?
Yes, the training is done from home and based on the feedback of someone who recently went through the training, the process is broken down into sections. The first week consists of 15 hours of online training, the following two weeks include 25 hours and the fourth week is when agents are able to begin their position with someone shadowing them remotely to assist with any questions. After training is complete agents are shadowed once a week to ensure proper handling of calls and that all issues are addressed if there are any lingering questions from the agents.
Training is paid by the hour based on your state’s minimum wage. Additionally, at the end of training there is a $50 bonus.
How Flexible is The Schedule?
U-Haul claims to have a flexible schedule. I have read online agents are able to report their availablilty and U-Haul creates a schedule based on their needs and your ability to be available to work. There are different shifts available and their emergency roadside service departments is open 24/7 for you night owls!
How is The Pay at U-Haul?
U-Haul recruiters have reported that the average agent makes $12-14 per hour. The pay is based on minimum wage plus bonuses. The bonuses in the reservation department include things like the caller actually reserving a truck, adding products like a dolly or boxes and so forth.
Does U-Haul Hire Agents as Employees or Independent Contractors?
U-Haul hires employees and this means they will hold taxes out and you are guaranteed to always make at least minimum wage, no matter the call volume.
My understanding, after speaking with a U-Haul agent, is many people are hired in as seasonal contract workers and some are then offered a permanent position. It is important to not that only permanent employees receive benefits.
What Benefits Are Offered?
My understanding is that any employee of U-Haul is offered the appropriate benefits package (based on either full or part time status) after only three months of employment! This chart from the U-Haul site sums up the benefits offered:
|Limited-care medical plan|
|401(k) savings plan|
|Stock ownership plan|
How Do I Apply?
To become a part of the U-Haul team visit their careers page and look for listings with “WFH” in the title (Work From Home) or any ‘telecommute’ jobs.
- Great Benefits Working for Uhaul From Home
- Support.com- Great Phone Job with Benefits
- Westat- Telephone Data Collectors: With Benefits!
- Work From Home With Benefits for Sykes
- Sedgwick CMS- BEST benefits I have seen! (Phone Job)
Easy Extra Cash! Join the famed Nielsen Computer and Mobile Panel site, install the app and earn rewards just for using the Internet as you do today! Nielsen gives away $10,000 each month.
Guaranteed 100% free membership.