- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
UbiQus is a company that was founded in France in 1991 to offer transcription, interpretation, and report writing/ summarization services for companies. Services are provided in the areas of medical, corporate, and legal. Ubiqus offers a variety of work at home positions, the main job type being Transcription.
What is the transcription work like?
Basically, you get an audio file and transcribe it per directions, whether it is verbatim, report format, or translation into another language. They expect grammatically correct, error free, free-flowing content. You can apply to work in specific areas, such as legal, medical, or corporate. Details on the specifics are hard to find, but from others that work for them it looks like they call you with assignments in your area at first. They also send out a form for you to fill out each week stating what you can handle for the week, and then it seems that when they are comfortable with what you can handle they just begin to automatically assign you jobs. Some have said that when they test and are approved to do medical work, they can call in and ask for corporate work if there is no medical work available. However, to do legal work along with medical work you must pass the test for both.
Do you need experience in transcription to work for Ubiqus?
Ubiqus’s website say experience is HIGHLY recommended but not necessary! This could make for a great way to get your foot into the door of the world of transcription. Of course, not being experienced means you have to be good! They have a list of several important things to be aware of before even applying, such as the desire for you to have a foot pedal (fairly inexpensive – see Erica Martin’s recommendations here). Be sure to read over the list before applying.
What about pay?
This was hard to find information on. I cannot tell exactly how they pay, or how often, but from all appearances the pay is reasonable. The rate is per word per audio hour and varies by position. A couple of people who have done work for them mentioned they could make $70 to $100 on a one hour file. Of course it takes much longer than one hour to transcribe an hour of audio. Others mentioned that they made more on medical or legal than on corporate files, but that the pay was still good on corporate files compared to that of other companies.
Can I make a living?
The pay is good, but work is not necessarily steady. Several have reported having work every day for a month then none or very little for several weeks. While working for Ubiqus alone may not be a great way to make an actual living, it seems it is an outstanding egg to have in a work-at-home basket. It could be very rewarding as long as you have something to fill in the slow times.
How do I apply for Ubiqus?
There is an application on their website, and the note that they will contact you if they wish to take the application further. This further contact appears to be in the form of a request to test for a certain area, or all areas. You apply for specific jobs such as translator, report writer, and transcriptionist and test within the area of specialization you are interested in. You can see the variety of Home Based Positions available at Ubiqus by visiting the career page on their website.
- Blooms Today Hires Work at Home Agents
- eaHELP Hires Virtual Assistants
- Copify Hires Freelance Writers
- Equivity Hires Virtual Assistants to Work From Home
- Where to Find Work at Home Jobs in the Medical Field
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!