If you have been following this series, then you’ll recall that to date we’ve discussed what a virtual assistant (VA) is and does. We have also discussed some of the steps to planning and launching your virtual assistant practice.
- Lifepoints: Famed MySurvey just rebranded to LifePoints. Take paid surveys anytime and anywhere via PC or Mobile App. Paid its members over $32 Million so far! Join LifePoints Now
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- Pinecone Research: A leading name in online panels guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete! No hidden fees and completely free! Join Pinecone Research Now
- Ipsos iSay: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels. Earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
If you haven’t been following this series or seem to have forgotten parts of it, you may go to the navigation bar, click on “Virtual Assisting” and follow the drop-down menu to the “Series”.
Now we will discuss the MOST important part of your business. Because without YOU, there would be no VA practice. It will be YOU that your clients depend upon to help run their businesses.
If you can’t manage your self-care, how are you going to manage your VA practice without getting stressed, overwhelmed or sick? Self-care will become your way of taking good care of yourself both physically, mentally, and spiritually. It will become your way of reviving and reinventing how you will go forward for that week.
I like what Cheryl Richardson, bestselling author and coach, says about self-care and why she has devoted her entire coaching career to teaching it.
She says, “In the past, I’ve sacrificed my health and relationships for work, given to others at the expense of my own needs, and watch my dreams slip through the cracks of a busy life. As a result, I’ve learned a lot about what it takes to put an end to the madness.”
Cheryl Richardson also offers a FREE newsletter about self-care on her web site for those who are struggling with self-care issues.
What are some of the ways to implement good self-care?
• Learn your limitations and don’t take on more than work than you can handle.
• Learn to listen to your body and what it is telling you about fatigue and pain.
• Learn to plan your day and tasks for the next day.
• Learn to say “no” and stand by your decision.
• Learn to have fun and enjoy time with family and friends.
• Learn to eat healthy and exercise.
• Learn to relax and rejuvenate.
Again, referring back to Cheryl Richardson what does self-care allow us to do? Quoting from Cheryl Richardson’s web site, “We tell the truth. We make choices from love instead of guilt and obligation.”
I would also go a step further and suggest “spoiling” yourself at least once a week with something really nice, like a bubble bath or hot fudge sundae.
So, what is your plan for self-care and how are you honoring it?
This post concludes the Virtual Assisting Series by Leisa Goode. If you would like to learn more of her tips and secrets to be a successful Virtual Assistant Agent then check out her E-Book which contains a lot more information that she did not reveal here. Visit http://21daystovabiz.com/ to download your copy!
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 13 – Networking and Organizations for Your VA Practice
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 5 – How Will You Structure Your VA Practice?
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 6 – What Will You Put in Your VA Marketing Package?
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 14 – A Typical Day in the Life of a VA
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 8 – Exploring the Myths of Working at Home
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!