I ran across this company, uTest.com, while searching for job leads to post on the daily job board. I was immediately intrigued by this company and could not wait to get enough time to really dig around the site and learn all I could so I could share with you all. What I found was exciting!
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
What is uTest.com?
uTest is a company that tests for usability and software bugs for their variety of clients. From mobile apps to websites, uTest tests them all! Thankfully for us, they use online based testers to complete the job! While anyone, from anywhere, can join uTest for a chance to earn money testing, you will have the most earning potential if you
have experience and are technically savvy. But don’t worry if you are not, you can still make some extra money online with uTest!
What Do uTest Agents Do?
After registering with uTest and filling out your profile information, you will receive test invites when your profile matches available work. Each test will give instructions and let you know what is expected before you, as a tester, can decide whether to accept or decline the work. Some of these may require a download of software to your computer or of a smartphone app- whatever is needed at the time.
Do I Need to Be Experienced or Technically Savvy to Test for uTest?
As we discussed before, although not a requirement, it seems to me that it would help you be one of the top earners. There are different brackets that testers fall into. After completing work with uTest you are given a rating in response. Each rating will put you into a bracket and the higher your bracket, the higher your pay and the better chance you have to be invited to test.
How Much Does uTest Pay?
uTest pay varies per project. Each test lists the pay before you accept or reject the project. As an example, one of the projects I can see on my dashboard at uTest shows a base pay of $23. In addition, this particular test increases the pay for every software bug or error found- $8 for every ‘exceptional’ bug found and an extra $4 for every ‘very valuable’ bug found. Not only do you have potential to earn more based on your ability to find software bugs with this test but if you are experience with uTest and fit into one of the rankings I talked about earlier, then you can be paid even more! For example, the highest ranking testers (the gold ranking) receives a 10% increase of pay!
uTest claims the highest ranking testers earn a range of $1000 to $10,000 a month! Do I think this is a reasonable rate for most of you readers? NO. I don’t want anyone going into this with unrealistic expectations. If you happen to be one of a rare breed who understands software coding and can understand what types of things to look for to catch-all those errors or bugs in the software- then you have a good chance (if enough work is available) to make a good earning with uTest. But for the average user- this is just a way to make a little extra money from time to time.
How and When Does uTest Pay?
uTest pays through either PayPal or Payoneer. You are able to decide and set up your payment method during registration or at any time you desire. Payments by uTest are made twice a month, the 15th and the last day of the month.
Payoneer account holders must have at least $10 pending to set up your payment method. PayPal account holders do not have a minimum balance requirement.
Is There Any Equipment Required or Needed for Download?
Easy Extra Cash! Join PointClub and get access to the best paid online survey opportunities. Take Online Surveys, Make Money, It's That Easy! No hidden fees and completely free!
Every test is different, yes I know I keep saying that- but it is true. Each test is likely to be unique in its own as each client has different needs and each will be for different devices and so forth. Depending, you may be asked to download software or mobile apps. Of course, this information will be made clear to you before you accept the project.
Registering does not require any downloads because uTest’s platform is completely web-based .
Does uTest Let Anyone Be a Tester?
Actually, yes they do. Apparently it doesn’t even matter where you live in this world, just as long as you are at least 18 years old and can use PayPal or Payoneer to receive your payments, then you can register with uTest. However, registering does not mean you will receive work. If the client is looking for English-speaking testers, then only English-speaking agents will be invited to the project. So certain factors will decide the amount of work offered to you.
Where Can I Learn More and Sign Up?
- Analysia Website Usability Testing
- Website Testing for UserFeel.com
- Userlytics – User Testing
- Uxline- Test a Website and Earn Ten Bucks
- TryMyUI.com- Website User-Friendliness Testing
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!