uTest.com- Earn Money Testing Software
Updated on: by Amy Kennedy
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
I ran across this company, uTest.com, while searching for job leads to post on the daily job board. I was immediately intrigued by this company and could not wait to get enough time to really dig around the site and learn all I could so I could share with you all. What I found was exciting!
What is uTest.com?
uTest is a company that tests for usability and software bugs for their variety of clients. From mobile apps to websites, uTest tests them all! Thankfully for us, they use online based testers to complete the job! While anyone, from anywhere, can join uTest for a chance to earn money testing, you will have the most earning potential if you
have experience and are technically savvy. But don’t worry if you are not, you can still make some extra money online with uTest!
What Do uTest Agents Do?
After registering with uTest and filling out your profile information, you will receive test invites when your profile matches available work. Each test will give instructions and let you know what is expected before you, as a tester, can decide whether to accept or decline the work. Some of these may require a download of software to your computer or of a smartphone app- whatever is needed at the time.
Do I Need to Be Experienced or Technically Savvy to Test for uTest?
As we discussed before, although not a requirement, it seems to me that it would help you be one of the top earners. There are different brackets that testers fall into. After completing work with uTest you are given a rating in response. Each rating will put you into a bracket and the higher your bracket, the higher your pay and the better chance you have to be invited to test.
How Much Does uTest Pay?
uTest pay varies per project. Each test lists the pay before you accept or reject the project. As an example, one of the projects I can see on my dashboard at uTest shows a base pay of $23. In addition, this particular test increases the pay for every software bug or error found- $8 for every ‘exceptional’ bug found and an extra $4 for every ‘very valuable’ bug found. Not only do you have potential to earn more based on your ability to find software bugs with this test but if you are experience with uTest and fit into one of the rankings I talked about earlier, then you can be paid even more! For example, the highest ranking testers (the gold ranking) receives a 10% increase of pay!
uTest claims the highest ranking testers earn a range of $1000 to $10,000 a month! Do I think this is a reasonable rate for most of you readers? NO. I don’t want anyone going into this with unrealistic expectations. If you happen to be one of a rare breed who understands software coding and can understand what types of things to look for to catch-all those errors or bugs in the software- then you have a good chance (if enough work is available) to make a good earning with uTest. But for the average user- this is just a way to make a little extra money from time to time.
How and When Does uTest Pay?
uTest pays through either PayPal or Payoneer. You are able to decide and set up your payment method during registration or at any time you desire. Payments by uTest are made twice a month, the 15th and the last day of the month.
Payoneer account holders must have at least $10 pending to set up your payment method. PayPal account holders do not have a minimum balance requirement.
Is There Any Equipment Required or Needed for Download?
Every test is different, yes I know I keep saying that- but it is true. Each test is likely to be unique in its own as each client has different needs and each will be for different devices and so forth. Depending, you may be asked to download software or mobile apps. Of course, this information will be made clear to you before you accept the project.
Registering does not require any downloads because uTest’s platform is completely web-based .
Does uTest Let Anyone Be a Tester?
Actually, yes they do. Apparently it doesn’t even matter where you live in this world, just as long as you are at least 18 years old and can use PayPal or Payoneer to receive your payments, then you can register with uTest. However, registering does not mean you will receive work. If the client is looking for English-speaking testers, then only English-speaking agents will be invited to the project. So certain factors will decide the amount of work offered to you.
Pros and Cons
Working for uTest.com (Applause) as a tester has its advantages and disadvantages. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Flexibility: uTest offers flexible working hours, allowing you to choose projects and tasks that fit your schedule. You can work from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and access to the required devices.
- Variety of Projects: uTest provides access to a wide range of testing projects from different companies. This diversity allows you to work on various applications, software, and devices, gaining exposure to different technologies and industries.
- Learning Opportunities: As a tester, you have the opportunity to learn and enhance your testing skills. You’ll gain experience with different testing methodologies, tools, and platforms, which can be valuable for your professional development.
- Global Community: uTest has a large and diverse community of testers from around the world. You can connect and collaborate with other testers, share knowledge, and learn from their experiences.
- Compensation: uTest offers compensation for the testing work you perform. The pay rate varies depending on the complexity and duration of the projects, but it can be a way to earn some income while honing your testing skills.
- Uncertain Work Availability: As a freelance tester, the availability of testing projects can be unpredictable. There may be periods of time when there are fewer projects available, resulting in a temporary reduction in earning potential.
- Competitive Environment: Since uTest has a large tester community, competition for projects can be fierce. You may need to actively pursue projects and stand out among other testers to secure assignments.
- Communication and Support: Some testers have reported occasional issues with communication and support from uTest. It’s important to be proactive in seeking assistance or clarifications when needed.
- Payment Structure: uTest pays testers based on the completion of test cycles, which can sometimes lead to delays in receiving compensation. It’s essential to familiarize yourself with their payment policies and ensure that you understand the payment terms for each project.
Where Can I Learn More and Sign Up?
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
- Analysia Website Usability Testing
- Userlytics – User Testing
- Website Testing for UserFeel.com
- TryMyUI.com- Website User-Friendliness Testing
- UserZoom Review: Can You Really Make Money Testing Websites?
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!