Varolo: My Opinion
Updated on: by Deb Knight
By: Deb Knight
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Back in December Miranda gave her opinion of varolo.com I would like to take the time this week to extend on that and give my own opinion as well.
What led me to check out Varolo?
I saw an ad in the forums of my call center job for Varolo. The person had actually posted a few different posts and she kept repeating “You get paid to look at ads. ( 100% free and they pay thru pay pal)” Although it sounded too good to be true, I figured it might be a good thing to look into, get my own opinion and place a review here. Best case scenario, it’s exactly what she states. Worst case scenario, it’s not worth it. Bottom line, either way I could review the site and maybe help out some fellow work at home moms like myself or save them some time.
What’s the real deal with Varolo?
So the advertised catch is that you make money by looking at ads, it costs you no money and they pay through PayPal. I signed up and found that it really is NOT that simple! Yes, you will be watching ads, but you will NOT be making money by just simply watching those ads at Varolo.
In reality you will make money with Varolo in one of two ways:
1. You watch the ads, earn points and entries in the weekly drawing. At the end of the week, if you win the drawing you “make money”.
2. You send out Varolo Facebook invitations, e-mails, and links to your friends and family. Get them to sign up for Varolo. They watch the ads, get their friends and family to sign up and then get their friends and family to sign up.. etc. Now, you and your friends and family have to watch ads so you can get a percentage of what they are making. They call your pyramid of people your “village” but really this is very much a pyramid idea. You make money by getting other people to sign up for Varolo and do the same thing you are doing.
So why do they say you can make money at Varolo by simply watching ads?
It’s simple, you can simply watch the ads and hope you win the weekly drawing. If you invite others to sign up for Varolo under you, then you have to watch the ads to get your money from your “village” earnings. If you don’t watch the ads, you earn nothing from your village. So bottom line, you do earn money from watching ads at Varolo, but, in my opinion, it is deceptive to say that you will earn it by simply watching ads because you won’t.
Is Varolo a scam?
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
I don’t feel it is fair to say Varolo is truly a scam. Their method of advertising is a bit dodgy, but from what I understand they do pay through PayPal. The woman who referred me from her ad about Varolo claimed she was making money and that she had been paid. She was obviously putting in the effort to get people to sign up under her to do the same thing and she was making money. Since they do pay, they can not be considered a scam.
Is Varolo worth my time?
Me personally, I don not feel Varolo is worth my time. I will not be including my referral link in this post and I will not make any money off of it. I could do that but I won’t. If you wish to sign up you can do so at varolo.com and if you want to know more you can visit their FAQ link or just watch their video that explains the compensation plan HERE. As for me, I feel Varolo is not worth my time nor is it worth bothering my family and friends with.
Do I have any warnings about Varolo?
YES I DO!!!!!!!!
When I went to connect to Varolo through Facebook, these are the permissions they requested (I have deleted my personal e-mail from this permissions list for the purpose of keeping it personal, but everything else is exactly as it was posted on the permissions page):
Request for Permission
www.varolo.com is requesting permission to do the following:
Access my basic informationIncludes name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information I’ve shared with everyone.
Post to my Wallwww.varolo.com may post status messages, notes, photos, and videos to my Wall
Access posts in my News Feed
Access my data any timewww.varolo.com may access my data when I’m not using the application
Manage my eventswww.varolo.com may create and RSVP to events on my behalf
Insightswww.varolo.com may access Insights data for my pages and applications
Manage my pageswww.varolo.com may login as one of my Pages
Access my profile informationBirthday and Current City
Access my family & relationshipsFamily Members and Relationship Status
Access my friends’ informationFamily Members and Relationship Statuses and Current Cities
Basically if I agreed, Varolo could login as me, they can post anything to anyone in my name, they can run events in my name without me knowing it. They can access my friends and family. Personally I felt they were asking for way too much! I do not allow anyone, not even my husband, to log into my Facebook page. The fact that they want to do so, really bothers me and I feel is an invasion of my privacy and the privacy of my friends and family. I quickly clicked “Don’t Allow” and left. If you do this, please think twice before allowing Varolo to access your Facebook page.
- Varolo – Be Rewarded for Watching Advertisements
- My 10 Favorite Resources on My Work-at-Home Journey
- Need Extra Cash For The Holiday Season? My Suggestions:
- Opinion Place Online Surveys
- What’s In My Inbox Thursdays- Work at Home United
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!