Virtual Assisting is a broad job title. Essentially it is someone who works remotely to assist a client. How they assist the client can vary from basic data entry, website assistant, answering emails, making phone calls and really- as you can imagine- the list can go on and on. Being a virtual assistant is a great way to take your skill set and make a living online- from home. However, with competition from around the globe and finding many clients are short-term, being a virtual assistant can be a challenge. Welcome Time etc.
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Vindale: Review products and take simple online surveys. Make up to $50 per survey completed. Over $6,955,991+ paid. Join Vindale Research Now
- EarningStation: The highest paying site out there, where users get paid to Take Surveys, Watch Videos, Play Games, and Shop Online. Join EarningStation Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- e-Poll: Take entertainment-related surveys and arn cash - paid via PayPal and gift cards for Amazon, Best Buy, iTunes, Starbucks, and Walmart, plus Retail e-vouchers. Join e-Poll Now
What is Time Etc?
Time etc is an American Virtual Assistant business with 100s of assistants working part time. Working for a company like Time Etc allows you to spend less time searching for clients and proposing bids and more time being paid to work for steady clients.
Time Etc has an interesting background with one of their leading virtual assistants having been a personal assistant to Sir Richard Branson for 32 years! That certainly has had to have brought high expectations from clients- which is why Time etc only hires experienced assistants. Additionally, VAs are monitored by project managers to ensure deadlines are met and the quality of work meets expectations.
What are the Requirements?
Time etc requires you to be available to work during the work week and would like to get at least 5 hours of work time from you a week. You must be organized and have at least 2 years of commercial experience. Additionally, you will need your home office set up in a quiet environment and have Microsoft Office software and Skype installed on your PC or Mac computer.
What is the Pay?
Pay will vary depending on your skill set and experience. However, once your hourly rate is configured- it will be a guaranteed hourly wage. This job allows you to be paid for your time working rather than per project. On average the pay varies between $11 and $16 per hour. While this is lower than the average VA who works for their own business- working for Time etc eliminates a lot of unpaid working hours by cutting out the job hunting, bidding and so on. Others say they found the pay ends up averaging out to a standard rate once they figure the savings.
What Type of Work is Done at Time Etc?
Here is a list of the typical tasks you may be asked to complete when working for Time Etc:
Document work including formatting and typing
Arranging meetings and appointments
Making telephone calls
How to Apply for Time Etc as a Virtual Assistant
If you feel you would be a good fit to the Time Etc workforce then you can apply on their site.
You will answer some basic questions and attach a copy of your resume. Time Etc says they verify your educational and work background before completing an interview. Be prepared to have examples of your work to show during your interview. Additionally, to evaluate your skill level, you may be asked to complete skills tests.
Good luck if you choose to apply!
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 10 – Transitioning into Your Virtual Assistant Practice
- Virtual Assisting with Ziptask
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 8 – Exploring the Myths of Working at Home
- Understanding Virtual Assisting- Getting Started
- Understanding Virtual Assisting – Part 9 – Financing Your Virtual Assistant Practice
Join Surveyo 24 #1 paid survey site. It's easy - complete a survey and receive payment. No hidden fees and completely free!