- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- YouGov: A leading name in online panels: Join now and earn $50 cash or vouchers for completing surveys! No hidden fees and completely free! Join YouGov Now
- Ipsos iSay: Every time you complete a survey, you'll earn points that you can redeem for cash and other great prizes. Join Ipsos iSay Now
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Opinion Outpost: One of the few faithful and honest survey panels pays cash and gift cards for your opinion. No hidden fees and completely free! Join Opinion Outpost Now
Way With Words has been serving thousands globally since 2001. They are registered in both the United Kingdom and South Africa, and they offer services including transcribing, proofreading, and captioning. They hire work at home freelancers in the US and other countries to professionally handle their clients.
How Do I Apply to Way With Words?
There are application instructions for each of the positions listed on their website which include Transcription, Proofreading and Captioning.
They are currently only looking for transcriptionists, but you can apply to be considered for the other positions in the future as well. To be a transcriber, you must take a series of tests that require transcribing sound files.
For proofreading, you must submit a CV, and to proof audio files you must download a sound file and request the transcript to go along with it and proof it as a test.
For captioning, in addition to submitting a CV, you must also have experience, a computer, internet access, and appropriate captioning software.
How Much Can I Make?
While Way With Words offer no pay information on their website, comments in at least one forum allude to $30 per audio hour for transcribing.
Are they legitimate?
It appears from those that have done work for them that they pay, they pay on time, and work is steady.
What’s the catch?
While they appear to be legitimate, there are some potential drawbacks. First, they state themselves on their website that only 2% to 5% pass their transcribing test. Those who have taken it note that sound quality is poor and the accents make it difficult to decipher. Others say the thought they did a great job and got denied. It seems that they require most of their work is to be done in UK English, so if you have trouble with accents and/ or UK English, this may not be for you.
Those that do work for them say that the sound quality on the transcription files range from great to terrible, and you just have to work with what you get. Some of them take longer than others, and the ones with tighter deadlines pay more than those with more flexible deadlines.
Way With Words Conclusion
Way With Words is a legitimate work at home opportunity. Although some say work is steady, just like any other opportunity, do not put your eggs all in one basket. Workflow can always change, so be prepared. Also, realize that if you have trouble with accents or British English, you may have a harder time at first. That being said, if you feel you can do it, there is no harm in applying and seeing where it takes you.
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!
Visit Way With Words to learn more about their current openings.
- Earn an Extra $240 a Month Captioning Videos for Rev
- My Guest Post: 4 Skills Needed for a Transcription Job
- These 33 Companies Provide Closed Captioning Jobs From Home
- 37 Work from Home Proofreading and Editing Jobs Online
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!