Ways to Promote Your Writing
Updated on: by Erica Martin
Writing for sites like Yahoo Contributor Network or Triond can be great, because you have the freedom to write about topics you want to write about. However, these sites often only pay revenue share income, which means you’re only paid a certain percentage of the revenue generated from people reading your articles. Therefore, promoting your articles is essential for making money on these sites. This post will provide some ideas of places you can promote your articles.
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
Message Boards that are relevant to your topic – Be careful with this one though, especially if your article mentions a specific product – the message board owner could consider that spamming and ban you from the board. The best policy is to find out what types of messages can be left on message boards before posting. Some message boards do encourage you to share your writing however; for example, Workplace Like Home has several “sticky” threads where you can post links to articles you’ve written, or links to your profile pages on certain revenue share sites like Yahoo Contributor Network.
Social Networking Sites – Social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter are a great place to share links to your articles. I also promote a lot of my work from home related articles and blog posts on a few work at home related groups that I participate in on LinkedIn, and I also have a few health-related social networking-type sites that I like to promote my health-related articles on.
Read other peoples’ articles – If you write for Yahoo Contributor Network or Triond, another key to getting people to read your articles is to read their articles. When you first create an account, look for articles on topics you’re interested in, and follow the authors of those articles – you’ll receive notifications when they publish (I suggest creating a filter or a folder for these notifications, because some people will write several articles and publish them all at once). Often when you follow someone, they will follow you as well.
List sites – If you have several articles that relate to one topic, you can promote them on list sites such as ListMyFive.
These are just a few of the ways I promote articles that I write. I would love to hear how other people promote the articles they write.
- 10 Ways to Make Money Writing from Home
- How to Maximize Your Earning Potential on Revenue Share Sites
- Places to Find Inspiration for Writing
- 8 Lessons I Learned from Writing My First Ebook
- How to Use Social Networking to Find Work from Home Jobs
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!
Need Easy Extra Cash?
Pinecone Research, a leading name in online survey panel honesty, absolutely guarantees $3 cash for every survey you complete!
Take advantage of their time limited New Membership drive and register NOW. Join today: 100% free!