- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
It is officially Summer! This week has been a bit slow it seems in this world of working at home, or maybe it’s just me. Or maybe all my work at home friends are too busy enjoying the Sun! Any vacations planned? Mine will be enjoyed from my backyard.
Check out my Summer Office View:
With Summer here, it has been so difficult working my usual schedule. Generally I worked most of my hours after my girls were off to bed. But with the sun hanging out until 10pm, I cannot get peace and quiet around here until nearly 11pm! Unfortunately this means I must spend more hours in the morning to accomplish the same amount of work. So, I am back to squeazing in moments of work time when convenient for my family. Terra from the TheWorkingHouse.com said something previously that gave me peace. She said (paraphrasing) there is no such thing as balance when you work from home. How true is that!? I have spent the last two years trying to find balance and now that I have accepted there is no such thing because life is constantly changing and nothing is ever the same- my stress level has gone way down! Instead of trying to balance, list your priorities. As long as you keep your priorities in check- everything is good.
Where was my head this last week?
My interest in Pinterest is growing! I keep thinking of random ways to use Pinterest to make money while staying home. There are so many ideas and ways to get crafty on Pinterest that anyone who has a desire to handcraft anything should have no troubles finding exactly what they need on Pinterest. Then, once you use one of those pinned tutorials to make something pintasticly awesome, you can PIN it and include the price you will sell it for in the description. Could be the start of your own handcrafted business!!
If Crafting really is an interest of yours, I also suggest you visit Craftsy, where you can sign up for free online crafting classes, find bargains on craft supplies and even sell your patterns or handmade items in their online store!
Great reads around the blogging block:
I didn’t get a chance to keep up with many blogs this week. One of those priority things where kids are at the top of my list– reading blogs is kind of less important if you know what I mean.
- But I have read a few of my faves which includes Angie’s update on Skimlinks– another way to make money blogging.
- Kept up with the daily jobs posted at WorkatHomeMomRevolution and she has had several really good leads!
- Extra Cash and Rewards had previously shared some Paid Research Studies for June.
- And Eddy posted a really great infographic on the subject of trying to balance and do it all. The post will cause you to think and discuss!
Must have Work at Home Resources:
I mentioned Google Unsubscriber for Gmail users on Facebook a couple of months back and have since been using it. I really love this new feature I added to my gmail account! I know it may seem like hitting the unsubscribe button to unwanted emails would be simple. But it often isn’t! I often find I have to go through a maze to finally unsubscribe and that can be even more difficult when on my phone! So, using this Unsubscriber for Gmail application allows me to simply move anything I want unsubbed from over to a special folder and they handle the maze run for me! It is a free tool that has saved me a lot of time and stress. The little things count in a big way! Get yours today.
Another thing I have been working on is cleaning up my computer files. I have a lot of images and files for my graphic design business that I want to keep forever, but they are taking up a lot of space on my computer. So, I am planning to add them to an online cloud like Sugar Sync. Sugar Sync gives you 5GB of free cloud space where you can upload your files securely and keep your computer space freed up! Get your Free space.
Enjoy your weekend! I hope you can fit in some FUN in the SUN time!!!
- 7 Inspiring Memes: The New Work Posters
- Are you a Pinterest Pro?
- More Ideas for Finding Balance In Your Life
- 5 Home Offices in Small Spaces
- Balancing Response- Guest Poster Erica Martin
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada