Westat is an Employee Owned research company who has been in business since 1963. They are most proud of the work they have completed for several branches of the U.S. Military. Additionally, Westat works with businesses, foundations and local and state government agencies. Westat collects and processes data and research information. Therefore, they have many different types of positions available and they are all project based.
Renowned Swagbucks delivers what you need: More rewards, more money! Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn Extra Cash. 100% free to join!
What Do Westat Work at Home Agents Do?
There are a variety of job types and they can change as projects change. Most commonly I have heard Westat hires home based phone agents to conduct outbound calling, titled Telephone Data Collectors. This is not a sales type of position but rather collecting information from questionnaires. However, I have also heard they offer data entry based opportunities from time to time.
Does Westat Hire Employees or Independent Contractors to Work From Home?
The home based phone agents are hired as Employees. Training is completed from home and you are paid for your time.
What Are the Requirements to be a Home Agent for Westat?
In general, agents working for Westat are required to have high speed internet and a dedicated landline phone with a headset. As with most phone jobs, you will need a quiet working environment.
How Flexible is the Schedule at Westat?
It is reported that Westat requires you to work a minimum of 15 hours per week. Shifts are a minimum of 3 hours. You must submit your availability and Westat will schedule you based on your needs. Most of these projects are part-time and hours are not guaranteed. I believe you can drop hours when necessary, but I am not sure what the consequences are if the hours are not picked up by another agent.
How Much and When Do Westat Agents Get Paid?
Unless the information I have found is outdated, Westat agents who work at home, under the telephone data collection projects, have a beginning pay rate of 8.25/hour. If you are hired as a bilingual agent then you will see a rate of 10.25/hour and if you work between 9pm and midnight through the week or any weekend hours, you will see a shift differential pay of an additional 2.00/hour!
Agents are paid weekly. They receive a check on Friday for the work completed the previous Monday through Sunday. You may choose to either have your check direct deposited or wait to receive via US Mail.
Does Westat Offer Benefits?
Yes! This is one job we can add to our Jobs with Benefits!! Westat is an Employee owned company! Therefore, you can have your shot at a piece of this company! There is a minimum number of hours to qualify for benefits but I am not sure what they are. Here is an overview of everything Westat has to offer:
- A Share of Westat Ownership: “Each year since 1977 Westat has allocated shares of stock to employee-participants. Annual stock contributions range between 3 and 5 percent of an employee’s compensation.”
- Retirment Plan- 401(k): “Westat contributes 5 percent of an employee’s compensation each year along with a partial matching contribution.”
- Christmas Bonus!: “Employees receive cash payment in December based on the overall success of the company.”
- Paid Leave: “Westat provides employees with vacation time, sick leave, holiday time, and administrative leave for special situations such as jury duty, bereavement, and inclement weather.”
- Group Insurance: “Health, dental, life, travel accident, long-term disability, and a flexible benefits program (Flex Plan).”
Is Westat a Stable Home Based Job?
Westat offers projects that all have ending dates. You are able to accept or decline a project. You are not promised to always have a project and even if you are in a project you are not guaranteed a set number of hours. However, most of what I have read indicates that many agents move from one project to the next with little to no break between. This, of course, is not always going to be true with each person…but it does show some stability…just not entirely reliable.
What Do Others Say About Working From Home For Westat?
- “LOVE IT! The people are soooooo nice and the time goes by so quickly.” -gramsworkhome at indeed forum
- “They paid me for the initial training, but when additional trainings came up…” -Bubbles8990 at WAHM.com forum
- “I am work(ing) for Westat. I really like what i am doing!” -Dacouper at WAHM.com forum
- “Employee review process is subjective; poor morale; spirit of collaboration seems to be dissipating; huge disparity between the way different areas of company are managed.” Westat Anonymous at Glassdoor.com (bear in mind this link is filled mainly with reviews of employees who work at Westat facilities, but it is important to get a full understanding of the company, from all aspects)
How to Learn More and Apply For Westat?
The ever trusty InboxDollars has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more while InboxDollars pays you cash. Real money! Totally free to join!
To Learn More about the home based positions at Westat visit their careers page where you can also watch for new openings.
- Great Benefits Working for Uhaul From Home
- U-Haul- Great Benefits!
- Working Solutions
- 13 Work at Home Phone Jobs with Health Insurance
- Work From Home With Benefits for Sykes
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!