What is Your Backup Plan?
Updated on: by Miranda Grimm
Need Easy Extra $350+/Month For Free?
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Earn up to $35 per survey! No hidden fees and completely free. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- SurveyJunkie: Make $5-$25 in your spare time from home to take online surveys, participating in a Focus Groups and trying new products. Join SurveyJunkie Now
- Branded Surveys: Complete online surveys. Collect points. Redeem your points for cash & gift cards. No hidden fees and completely free! Has so far paid its members over $18 Million. Join Branded Surveys Now
After the shocking news that a well-liked company, Livework, was choosing to end all services effective the day after the notice, I was reminded of how quickly we can lose a job! Nothing is stable. When you work from home it is less likely you will have the chance to catch the warning signs of a company’s dooms day. We must always be prepared.
I was working for Mahalo as a guru. I was new to it, but it was becoming a regular gig for me. I enjoyed the job, sang its praises and then BAM it was gone! I know of many others who have experienced this same scenario and some more than once. No matter how secure you feel with your job, be sure to keep a backup or two or three or ten. I know many of you are thinking…I had hard enough time finding my one job, let alone more! And you are likely also wondering how you can juggle multiple jobs.
This is when those little side jobs come in handy! Sure we all know about companies like Textbroker, Quicktate and ChaCha. But we don’t pursue them because the pay is not what we are expecting or the work is not enjoyable to us. But they are the types of jobs you need to keep on the back burner. The type of jobs you can pick up at the drop of a hat and at least supplement your income to a degree while you get something else in the works. You need jobs that do not require much of a minimum amount of effort to keep your contract.
Do you have a back up plan? Have you ever been blindsided by a change in company plans or closing?
- What is Your Driving Force? -Guest Blog Post
- Is it Possible to Find Legitimate Work at Home Assembly Jobs?
- My Dos and Don’ts to Staying Focused
- Zemandi- Is it a Scam?
- 13 Best Ways to Plan a Weekly Budget
Earn Everything… nearly!
Join Ipsos iSay, one of the few Faithful and Honest survey panels and earn prizes, gift cards and donations. Stack your points and redeem them: Simple! No hidden fees and completely free!