After the shocking news that a well-liked company, Livework, was choosing to end all services effective the day after the notice, I was reminded of how quickly we can lose a job! Nothing is stable. When you work from home it is less likely you will have the chance to catch the warning signs of a company’s dooms day. We must always be prepared.
- SwagBucks: Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more to earn real money. Join Swagbucks Now to Get $5 Free
- Toluna Opinions: Earn $1-$5 each time you qualify and take surveys. Test products for free and share your opinions! Join Toluna Opinions Now
- InboxDollars: Has so far paid its members over $40 Million. Watch videos, take surveys, shop and more. Join InboxDollars Now and Get Free $5
- PanelPayDay: $1 to $25 to take online surveys, $30 to $100 for Participating in a Focus Group. Join PanelPayDay Now
I was working for Mahalo as a guru. I was new to it, but it was becoming a regular gig for me. I enjoyed the job, sang its praises and then BAM it was gone! I know of many others who have experienced this same scenario and some more than once. No matter how secure you feel with your job, be sure to keep a backup or two or three or ten. I know many of you are thinking…I had hard enough time finding my one job, let alone more! And you are likely also wondering how you can juggle multiple jobs.
This is when those little side jobs come in handy! Sure we all know about companies like Textbroker, Quicktate and ChaCha. But we don’t pursue them because the pay is not what we are expecting or the work is not enjoyable to us. But they are the types of jobs you need to keep on the back burner. The type of jobs you can pick up at the drop of a hat and at least supplement your income to a degree while you get something else in the works. You need jobs that do not require much of a minimum amount of effort to keep your contract.
Do you have a back up plan? Have you ever been blindsided by a change in company plans or closing?
- QuickTate / iDictate No Experience Needed
- Clickworker – The Company to WATCH
- Why I Was Happy with Less Than Minimum Wage
- Four Motivational Tips from a Freelancer
- Jumping Into The World Of Writing
VIPKID is currently looking for online teachers to teach young students in China via video-conferencing. Teachers will earn on average between $14-$22 usd per hour. This opportunity is ideal for teachers looking to supplement their income.
- One (1) school year of traditional teaching experience or the equivalent in mentoring, tutoring, or alternative education
- Bachelor's degree in any field
- Eligibility to work in the US or Canada